2

To Love A Death Eater

Chapter 2

"My name is Albus Dumbledore and I would personally love to welcome all new and returning students. It's going to be a pleasure working with all of you. I expect this year to go through with zero flaws and I will do my best to ensure that this happens. I would like you all to look behind me and take notice of your professors. You all will be working very closely with them and I expect nothing but good behavior. Understood?" He passes a quick glance over to a table of kids who look like trouble. I spot a certain blonde haired boy giggling with two other boys and it makes me roll my eyes. Note to self, stay away from them. "Now, on to the houses for the new students!"

My heart beats rapidly as Mr. Dumbledore himself speaks to all of us in the dining hall. I have heard so many fascinating stories about him and by the way that he looks, I can already tell that Hermione is true to her facts. He seems very nice but yet intelligent. The perfect mixture of both.

"Now as I read off the names I want each of you to come up and wait in line to be placed. First up, can I please have Kazel Adderly up to the stage."

I turn in the direction where all heads turn and I see a petite girl with glasses stand up and head to the front stage. Mr.Dumbledore greets her with a handshake and gestures for her to sit in one of the big chairs on stage.

She does and the second her butt touches the seat, an owl like bird with a black body and white wings flies through one of the windows and drops a piece of paper directly into Mr. Dumbledore's hands. He pushes his glasses father onto his face and reads off, "Ravenclaw."

The girl does a silent like prayer in her head and looks up to the sky before retreating off of the stage and going over towards a group of very excited kids dressed in blue and brown. They all greet her and I feel happy for her.

The names continue on and I feel anxious the entire time. It makes me nervous to have be in front of a crowd. After thirty or so I finally hear my name being called and I freeze.

"And last but certainly not least, Laila Maddox."

I get up from my seat and start to head towards the stage, but not before I get a high five and 3 thumbs up from Ron, Hermione and Harry of course. They all give me hopeful smiles as I take my seat and breath in deeply. Mr. Dumbledore shakes my hand and whispers,

"I have personally heard a lot about you miss Maddox. I was close with your father and it was a shame when he had to leave me. I hope you take in his footsteps."

"You knew my father?", I ask in shock.

"Yes I did dear. He was a very close friend of mine. Almost like a brother to me, but a lot younger of course.", he says and lets out a little chuckle. I laugh too and he whispers one last time before announcing my house, "Good luck."

I nod and he takes a deep breath, smiles at me and then turns to the crowd of kids.

"Gryffindor!" I do a slight fist pump and Mr. Dumbledore gives me one last handshake and a knowing smile before sending me back to my seat. Hermione, Ron, and Harry all have huge smiles on their faces when they see me, and I myself have an unstopping smile. Hermione stands up and gives me a tight hug followed by two more from Ron and Harry. I can't help but notice something when Harry hugs me too. A spark maybe. I'm not sure, but whatever it is it's a little creepy, even though I like Harry. As a friend of course.

I have a non stop smile on my face for the next hour and while the feast is going on, I feel the urge to glance over at the other tables for some reason. When I get to the Slytherin table, a certain someone catches my eye and I feel a pull of some sort when our eyes connect. I am fraternizing with the devil. The reincarnation of death to be exact.

I feel a ripple of some sort run through my body and I hurry and tear my gaze away from his. Those eyes. His eyes make him seem so pleasant even though that's far form the truth. The shine of the blue of his iris is crazy. So bright and pretty that you wouldn't know that he was evil until you got to know him. I mean, he is Lucius Malfoy's son after all. The stories on him are so scary that I have had nightmares about it. I don't know if the stories are true, but still.

I take a drink of my milk and lean my elbows against the table when I am done eating. I see that Ron is still busy stuffing his face and I let out a slight laugh. He eyes me and says with food in his mouth, "What?"

"Oh nothing. Nothing at all.", I say trying to not get him to talk anymore but Hermione speaks up.

"Bloody hell Ron. Do you always need to eat like a pig?!" Her tone of voice radiates disgust and annoyance and I can't help but laugh.

Ron looks at her and just shrugs his shoulders, continuing to eat. I chuckle and shake my head. I see Hermione roll her eyes and do a motion of pretending to shoot herself with her fingers. I roll my eyes along with her and then I hear Harry say,

"So are you happy that you got Gryffindor Laila?"

I nod my head yes.

"Very happy. My father has always told me of all the good things that happen when you are in Gryffindor. He was in this house himself not many years ago."

"Ah yes. Hermione had informed us of him before."

I nod yes and then I feel a tug on my arm. I look to see Hermione standing up so without another word to Harry, I follow Hermione out of the dining hall. She slows down once we reach the bathrooms and I eye her oddly.

"I have somebody that I want you to meet so you aren't scared when you come in here."

I eye her oddly but all she does as an answer is holler out, "Myrtle!"

I raise my eyebrows in suspicion and then suddenly I hear a ghostly moan. I shriek out of fear and rush over to Hermione's side. She rubs my arm and says, "No need to be scared. She is harmless."

"Who is harmless? And what was that god awful sound?"

"Oh, well you see that is Myrtle. The school's lost spirit."

"Okay, but what do you mean by spirit?"

"It's simple really. Myrtle used to be a student here and then one day she disappeared. Nobody really actually knows of what happened."

"Oh. Okay.", I say but I'm still a bit skeptical as to who Myrtle is. My question is answered for me soon enough though because out of one of the stalls comes an apparition of a girl with pig tails and glasses. She has teary eyes and looks like she was harmed before in a past life. I feel very sorry for her even though I am way past being crept out right now. Oh boy. This school really is something else and I have only been two places so far. I wonder what else lays within these magical halls.