Just The Beginning

"I can't believe her!" Mercedes stomped her feet walking inside their room.

Serenity shook her head, "it's fine. Really," they had just gotten back from choosing their masks they would wear to the ball. Where of which Jullianne had to ruin it.

"You had the mask in your hands it should've totally been yours!" Mercedes threw her hands up in the air.

"Chill its fine," Serenity laughed at her friends temper tantrum.

"I'm so-ahh!" Mercedes threw her self on the bed and quietly screamed into the pillow.

Serenity couldn't help but shake her head. Instead of listening to her friend go on and on about the situation she admired the mask she had been able to snag.

It in her opinion was beautiful. Even more so than the other mask she had tried to get. This mask was encrusted in diamonds and purls. The reason no one had probably snagged the mask for themselves were the eccentric feather that decorated the right side of the mask. Serenity touched the silky white string that would tie the mask together.

"I need to take my mind off of this whole ordeal

"I need to take my mind off of this whole ordeal. Let me straighten your hair," Serenity looked over to her friend who had set her mask down on her bed and began shuffling through her suitcase.

"We still have hours, before the ball tonight," they had only just finished lunch.

"I know. It will take a while to straighten your curls," Mercedes pulled her straightener out of the suit case.

"Ok," Serenity said with a sigh. In the corner of the room was a desk. They set up the thing needed and began doing the impossible.

                 "Would you like to go for a walk? The scenery is quite exquisite," Zoey walked next to Liam

                 "Would you like to go for a walk? The scenery is quite exquisite," Zoey walked next to Liam. Lunch had just been dismissed. His pack went up to grab masks, and they had some time to spare.

Liam looked up at the girl, "it'd be my pleasure," the two went out the back of the pack house.

"There's a stream out this way," Zoey pointed north. She lead the way. A comfortable silence set over the two. Neither knew what to say.