Thinking About the Future

The wedding was fast approaching and Liam wanted to avoid it all. Especially the wedding part. Socializing just wasn't his thing. Having to socialize with people from other packs. He especially hated that. Even more he hated the meetings that came along with this.

"Liam most of the packs invited have already RSVP'ed. Most are sending their betas to attend."

Liam nods his head, "okay. Whoever hasn't RSVP'ed yet reach out to them." He leaned back in his chair, "betas will be roomed in the pack house, alphas can stay in the spare houses we have."

"Should we get all the houses cleaned?" Kensley butted into the conversation.

"Yes. Get the omegas on it. As soon as possible. Have them continuously check to make sure it's fine enough for alpha families to stay in."

Kensley nods her head, "okay. I'll get on that." She stands up and walks out Liams office.

"Is everything else in place?" Liam asks Mateo.

Mateo nods his head, "only one thing left to discuss."

Liam sits up and crosses his arms in front of him on his desk, "and that is?"

"You and Zoey need to be seen together. We need to let people know that we are standing together as one and that you have a Luna even if it's a different girl later on."

Liam shook his head, "a different girl later on? Now that most definitely will project badly on me."

Mateo shakes his head, "then just choose Zoey. She comes from a powerful background, her pack is second biggest, all the advantages lie in our favor." Liam sighed, "what's holding you back?"

Liam tangled his hands in his hair, "if we're being honest here I don't know what's holding me back. It just doesn't feel right."

"Mates nowadays are rare. It's not the same as when our parents were our age. Now there are simply to many of us to go searching for the right girl. Especially with our placing right now. Our pack needs a Luna and Zoey just might be the best option right now."

"Right now? I think you mean forever. If I actually choose her to stand by my side throughout this whole process she will remain by my side even after it's done with. I can't just change girls whenever I feel like it." Liam sighed yet again.

Mateo stood up, "well I'll let you think on it. Just know by the time of the wedding your going to have to make up your mind." With that Mateo left Liams office leaving Liam alone with his thoughts.

               "All this talk of weddings and shit are starting to make me think," Aston sat in the kitchen with a bowel of grapes. His mother prepared dinner, while him and his sister sat at the kitchen island keeping her company.

"What Aston? Did it make you think of how you're going to be forever alone?" Mercedes looked up from her homework that was sprawled before her.

"No you little brat-"

"Can you guys not be so hostile towards each other?" Their mom intervened, "try to get along please."

Aston rolled his eyes, "as I was saying. Maybe I should start thinking about settling down. I mean I'm not getting any younger."

"Who would want to marry you?" Mercedes narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"Mercedes!" She got scolded at by her mother. "That's great honey. Thinking about the future. Do you have anyone in mind?" She went and stood next to her son.

Eloise- their mom- looks like her son. With long dark locks, perfectly arched eyebrows, brown doe eyes, a perfectly straight nose that suited her small face quite well, full pink lips, and dimples; one on each cheek. Most would argue that Mercedes looks most like her mother, but her bleached hair throws the whole image off.

"I have a few girls in mind."

"I want grandchildren. Sometime soon. I'm not getting any younger here either," she went back to cooking.

"Who are the lucky girls you have in mind?" Mercedes glanced up from her homework.

"Oh you probably won't know her." Aston turns around in his seat, "is the food almost done?"

"Yes, Mercedes honey can you go set the dinner table for me?"

"Why can't Aston do it? I'm doing my homework."

"Because I asked you now get up and do it." Eloise turned around and put her hand on her hip staring her daughter down.

Mercedes got up grumbling under her breathe and grabbed the stuff to set the table.

"Aston when she's done can you put the food out. I'm going to go fetch your father."

"Okay mom." Aston got up and grabbed the bowel of green beans with one hand, and the bowel of mashed potatoes with the other.

He walked into the dining room. Mercedes had fully set the table the only thing missing was the food and people.

"Hey brat, go grab the rest in the kitchen." Aston took a seat in his usual spot.

"The rest of what?"

"The food duh," he rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone.

"Why can't you get it!?"

Aston ignored her. Mercedes humphed and got up going to the kitchen she got the bowel of homemade brown grey and the plate full of rare seasoned steaks.

"Is this all?"

Aston looks up at her, "fill all the glasses with ice and sweet tea. Oh and pull out a bottle of red wine."

Mercedes jaw drops. "Your being serious?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" He squints his eyes at her.

Mercedes clenches her jaw and grabs the four glasses and goes to the kitchen. She fills them up, and puts them back on the table. After grabbing the bottle of wine she sat down, not even bothering to ask if there anything else to be done.

"Sorry we took forever." Eloise walks in with her husband, Alex, in tow.

"It's all good, I got the table set for you," Aston stands up and kisses his mom on the cheek.

"Oh what a gentleman. Thank you honey," she takes her seat at the head of the table, and Alex takes the other end.

"You've really learned to step up son," Alex compliments him.

Mercedes grumbled under her breathe. Her brother has always been held up on a pedal stool above everyone else in her parents eyes. Even her. She is always over looked when it comes to her brother who is in her words "a complete and utter dick".

"Let's dig in."

          "What would I do without you?" Liam places his lips on the girls who sits before him.

"Be bored," she giggles wiggling around under the covers.

"Mm I'll never be bored with you," he puts his arm around her making her stay still.

"We haven't done this in a while, why now all of a sudden?"

Liam sighs. He lets his back hit his mattress and puts both hands behind his head.

"I've been busy. You know this."

"And we're all still busy," she rolls her eyes and sits up pulling the sheet up to her chest.

"Hey don't be like that," Liam reaches out and touches the strands of hair that fell out of her low ponytail.

"Hey I get it just a booty call right," she stands up grabbing her clothes from the floor she puts them on.

"That's what it always is. Why are you so surprised?"

Without answering she put on her clothes and walked out the room. Honestly she didn't know what she should expect. This however, it wasn't it.

Feedback?

Who is the girl? Did her and Lima sleep together?

Thoughts on Aston? Who do you think he is going to choose to be his girl?

Guys stay safe!