The Encounter

"Serenity if you walk any slower we're going to be later than we already are!" Mercedes rushed her friend along.

"Maybe if you didn't insist on finding your fur shawl we wouldn't be this late," Serenity cautiously walked. She wasn't accustom to wearing heels.

"It was a fashion emergency! Maybe if you'd walk a little faster we'd get there sooner!" The two bickered all the way to the ballroom.

"Chill. We can't be anymore late then we already are. Let's just play it off," Serenity stopped in front of the double doors.

"Your right, let's just walk in like the bad bitches we are!" She then pushed opened the doors. Music was already playing.

Their presence wasn't even noticed as everyone starred at the couple dancing. They were enchanting. Serenity starred down at the pair. She couldn't help but feel jealous. Why though? Why was she feeling this foreign emotion?

"I guess they're getting quite close," Mercedes stood next to her friend oblivious of her emotions.

"I guess they are," Serenity's voice was barley audible above the music.

Merced's adjusted her mask then grabbed her friends hand, "come on! Let's join the crowd!"

The two ascended down the stair case. Mercedes moved faster than Serenity, meaning she got left behind as her friend joined the sea of people. By the time serenity made it to the bottom of the stair case her friend was no where to be seen. She groaned.

Pushing past people she looked for Mercedes.

The song changed and people lined up to dance. In a rush of things Zoey and Liam were separate and paired with different partners for the dance. Not wanting to be rude Liam abided.

Serenity had also gotten dragged into the crowed of people lining up for the next dance. She cursed under her breathe as she realized she would have to actually dance tonight. Good think she knew the steps to the dance.

Serenity bowed to her partner and he did the same. Then the dance started. They put their hands up and circled each other. Their hands weren't touching. The two starred at each other intensely.

After circling each other for a few times they went back to their starting position and switched hands. Liam starred at the girl standing before him. Her eyes were an ordinary shade of brown. He couldn't make out who she could be with her eccentric mask, but whoever she was she was beautiful.

Now they placed both hands up and circled each other. They didn't touch until the came together and she put her hand on his shoulder and his hand went on her waist while their other hands clasped together.

This somehow felt right. To both of them. Liam tried to find out who the girl was by her scent, but she seemed to be wearing some kind of perfume. All he could smell was the fruity sent mixed in with the slightest scent of honey.

Perfume in his eye should be out lawed. Maybe then he would be able to identify the girl.

They danced for what seemed to be forever in their eyes. To their dismay the had finally needed with them pulling apart and bowing to each other.

The girl turned and had started to walk in the opposite direction. Liam however wasn't going to let her go without knowing her name though, so he followed her.

The girl had disappeared into the sea of people before he knew it. Liam dragged his had through his hair and sighed. Where could she had possibly gone?

He looked all around and walked in a circle. Everyone gave him curious glances. Most wondered if he was looking for Zoey. The fact that he wasn't looking for Zoey would distraught most.