A New Kind Of Attack

The red lights flashed up above. Serenity groggily sat up in bed. What's going on? She thought. Soon the sirens started going off. That's new.

Getting up she threw on some clothes and made her way downstairs. Like she was everyone was groggily coming out their rooms and looking around curiously.

"This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill! Start making your way to the underground bunkers!"

Everyone looked around trying to find the source of the voice, but whenever it was repeated again panic settled in. The grogginess of sleep disappeared and everyone quickly did as instructed. The crowd suddenly began moving in one direction towards the basement.

Serenity followed along with the crowd still confused about what was going on. Nonetheless though she followed the crowd down.

Before even half of the people in the pack house could get inside the bunkers the whole house began shaking, and a loud bang was heard. Everyone stopped what they were doing and braised themselves, as people were knocked over from the abrupt shaking.

Aston finally joined the crowd attempting to get in the bunkers, "CHILDREN GO DOWN FIRST!" He was very adamant that the children went down first. Everyone parted making room so the children could go down.

He went through the crowd making sure to push all the children out into the path as he looked for a certain curly headed girl. He wanted to make sure she went down with the children. He didn't know why, but he needed her to be safe.

At last he spotted her and grabbed her by the forearm. She was startled and jumped a bit. Upon seeing who it was she settled.

"Go down with the children, wait at the bottom and help them go down," he whispered in her ear.

"What, why? What's going on?"

He pulled her through the crowd. They finally got to the opening and he pulled her in front of him, "just go down with the children. Be helpful." With that he left.

Doing as instructed she went down with the children. A few people that were already in the bunkers were helping get all the children down, so she assisted them.

Another bang was heard and the house above shook. Dirt from the ceilings of the bunker loosened and fell. This made everyone panic even more. Mothers started freaking out about their babies, and gave them to siblings going down. Ten year olds, eight year olds started coming down with their baby siblings.

At this point it was beyond chaotic.

              Above the bunkers was even more chaotic. The attack was unexpected, especially at 4 am. It was totally undetected. By the time the pack knew they were under seize, the attackers had already gotten into the pack and planted bombs.

Liam worked swiftly trying to detect all the bombs before they went off. To say he's mad is an understatement he's pissed. How did they manage to infiltrate his pack? How did they get in undetected?

So far, no rouges have been seen, just the bombs that keep going off. He was trying to comprehend how that's possible. How is his pack under attack, but not a single rouge in sight? 

"Found another one!" One of the pack guards shouted.

Liam made his way over. This one is attached to a house. They're getting closer and closer to the pack house.

"Two minutes is on the timer, I'll run it to the pack line." Liam grabbed it and dashed off in a blur. He was the only one fast enough to run them back and forth.

Sure they were prepared for a hands on attack, but this. This was a different kind of attack. They didn't know how to diffuse a bomb, so there was no other option than to get rid of them past the pack line.

Liam made it past the pack line with 45 seconds left on the clock. He has just enough time to throw it, and get far enough away before it went off. By the time he got back two more bombs were found.

With Liam being more than overwhelmed some of his pack guards attempted helping. They weren't as fast as their alpha and made at the peak of time available. Some however didn't make it out of close proximity. Those who didn't were eventually found and taken to the infirmary.

By the time all the bombs were detected and disarmed it was noon. However Liam kept the pack under lock down, so everyone stayed in the bunkers.

Serenity stayed with the kids like instructed. In the underground nursery the children were having a ball. They braided sections of her hair in twists, adding clips, and playing with other toys that they had found around.

She sat there just letting it happen. It was after all entertains the children, and she couldn't help for anything more. As a few continued to play in her hair a little girl comes up to her book in hand.

"Can you wead us a stowy?"

Serenity pouted out her bottom lip and nodded her head. The little girl was just two cute. She wore overalls and two pigtails. How was she to refuse?

The little girl sat in her lap, while all the other kids stopped messing with Serenity's hair, and instead took a seat around her. Smiling Serenity wrapped her arms around the little girl and opened the book.

"Once upon a time. . ."

Serenity read story after story for hours upon end. She acted out the scenes with the kids, gasping, growling, and laughing. A few of the adults had made their way around and watched.

They loved to see their kids laughing and playing. Especially under the current circumstances.

              Finally at five in the afternoon, Liam lifted the lock down. It took an hour and a half for everyone to get out of the bunker. Whenever everyone finally got out a feast was ready to be inhaled.

Liam permitted this in order to lift the spirits of his pack. It was duly needed. Liam himself needed his spirits to be boosted since he found out there must be a trader in his mists. There were no other explanations for the bombs that were planted.

Liam and Aston both had the same idea. Find the one person that always seemed to brighten their mood. It was just a matter of who got to her first.

Short chapter sorry guys. There will be a much longer chapter next time. I've gotten use to update once a month. But I want to update at least twice a month, so I'll try and see how that goes.