Chapter 58, He

of Shattering 298 part II - The desperate assault by the draig resulted in a battle lasting an entire moon during which the Draig'yar destroyed the construct. Yet the battle ended abruptly in the Human's favour as they took an even more depraved path and, with the help of a group of renegade Alyar, abused the Scale of Souls, near New Gaea.

of Shattering 299 - The D'yer cut all relations with every single race on Tavran.

An excerpt from the diary of Pia...

ANDARIS

Four moons since the Mark of the Other One blossomed. The moon of Blossoms has come.

The hulking man roared at Him. The face of a man roared spit and accusations, and He sent it flying. The head turned to ash that covered a crater. He woke up in that crater and screamed for days. For eons.

The ash in the crater rose into the air, and a storm of darkness swirled before Him. Chains emerged from the storm and pulled Him into the maelstrom.

He woke up screaming. He was lying in a puddle. That was not it. He was floating in an ocean. His own endless ocean world. He felt a presence nearby.

"Stop those do! ARGH. Fuck!" He swore loudly. He was losing all the languages He had known. He could barely hold on to pieces of the native tongue He once spoke. His thoughts were jumbled if He tried to think aloud. All the result of sharing the doctor's mind.

"I see you have come again for another one of our little talks." The guardian said with annoying coldness.

He could understand her without problems. When He spoke it was all broken.

"And another issue. Could you stop making it sound as if it is my fault you keep escaping to this place? I would appreciate it. Now, have you come to talk or are you going to run away again. Make up your mind, please. You might have an eternity here, but my time still holds value."

Slowly He sat up and looked into the distance. There was no horizon in sight in this world as the water and sky melded into one. "You mouth move many quantities. Fine. Answers needed eventually."

"As you please, outlander." The woman sat down on the water's surface. She had to have answers yet He was not sure if He wanted to hear any of them.

As He mulled over the events of the past moons, an unexpected suspicion kept reminding itself. Something the woman had just said bothered Him. "Eternity? All time, everlasting? No end?"

"Exactly." The guardian nodded.

"Which meaning?"

"I will assume you mean 'What'." She corrected him. "What do I mean by what I said earlier?"

She spread her arms out. "Look at this. No human holds power like this. I am in here and I can see the face of your soul, so I know. I can say it without a doubt. You are a human. But this. You will never die of old age. Honestly, I am unsure if you will die at all. The power that is linked to your soul defies all mortal expectations. You are something more akin to a Draig'yar."

"What those?" He inquired.

"I have no genuine memories of those beings, so I can't show you. It would do you no good if I bombard you with concepts or memories not my own. What matters is that you will not age, not like a normal human."