11. The Gig

Harvey at the moment:

"We sound good, boys. Harvey, you sound special today." -said our manager Edwin and I couldn't figure was that compliment or critic. He is always so tense.

"Especially bad or good?"

"More than good. I'm very pleased with your development in our little band. You are a great fit."

I was happy, too. I don't know how I deserved this opportunity but I'm glad I got it. I've always loved playing the guitar, writing songs and humming around. I never thought I'd have to sing in front of all these people right now, but I think I've beaten my stage fright. I love performing in front of all those people.

"Who should we thank for our Harvey and his lovely angelic voice?" - Philip started to giggle. What a horse.

"I just had a good night's sleep." - I didn't lie. I had a good night's sleep because of Lila and the chance I've got to spend at least ten minutes with her without talking about her brother.

We kept playing but soon we got interrupted by incoming call on my phone. I didn't want to turn it off just in case that maybe Lila needs me and she calls me. Unfortunately for me, Kiara's name was glowing on the screen.

"What do you want? I'm practising with the band, I don't have time for your shit."

"Why are you always so rude to me? I used to be good for you. "

"All right, just say what you want?"

"Nothing. I wanted to hear your voice and see how you are doing. And yes, I'm coming to your show today, so if you want to go to the party together later? "

"I'm going with the band and the crew." - I brushed her off. She's annoying.

"So I can come with you. I'm familiar with your 'crew.' "

"Whatever." - I hung up because I really couldn't listen to her squeaky voice.

Kiara's the only girl I've been with since Lila. And I regret that. I don't need her in my life. That one stupid night keeps haunting me. She's a good girl, she didn't do anything wrong. She's pretty. Only she's not Lila.

I didn't want her to get on my nerves. I want to smash that show today. If Lila hadn't ended up in the hospital, I would invite her to the backstage. I just want her to rest.

Lila at the moment:

Alex came to try to kill my boredom with me. I briefly told her that I had shamelessly stalked my ex-boyfriend, found a tramp who was clearly in love with him. He's into her for sure, she's cute and pretty.

"Let me see her!" - Alex was already on Harvey's profile.

I showed her picture and she began to laugh hysterically;

"She not even close to your knees!"

"I didn't think she was a threat to me. Well, Harvey and I aren't even together!"

"No, but you could be. You were such a great couple. And now that you know the real truth, why not? "

"Yes, the real truth. He also did nothing about it."

"You can't blame him. You said it yourself, your brother got into his head and threatened him. Who knows what he'd be capable of?"

"Alex, my brother is a lot of things but he was never like this. We were so close..."

I knew Alex was right and I couldn't blame Harvey for Felix's actions. Today I found myself blushing because of the very thought of him.

"Alex, I have to tell you something." - Her eyes spread and she sat and began to listen to me carefully - "He kissed me on the cheek."

"I thought you were going to say in your mouth!" - She smiled - "You're so cute. Like teenagers learning how to kiss."

She was teasing me for a while, and then she left in such a hurry because she forgot she had a date tonight. I was shocked because so far, Alex has been on a total of two dates. And they both ended badly.

Ruby and mom did a real 'Girls Night' night. Dad was walking our dog while we were eating popcorn and sweets. Now and then, during the movie, my thoughts escaped to Harvey and his performance. He sure looks good, probably even better from the night I first saw him on stage.

Carrie sent me a brief updates from the concert. Of course she went. Ever since she started dating Niel, she's been part of his crew. She sent a couple of selfies with him and, of course, she took picture of Harvey the moment he was setting his guitar. He had black tight trousers and white - in some places - torn T-shirt. His hair is as messy as ever. He looks so fucking good. I wished her a good party and I kept watching the movie.