15. Job interview

PLAYLIST FOR THIS CHAPTER:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbtipJAJUMmnXz2p9BPOUHizZgrdXxGor

I'm ready for the job interview.

I drank my coffee first thing in the morning to wake myself up. I had a shower and I wore my favourite outfit. A tight-fitting 'business' pants in bright yellow colour and an ordinary white blouse.

Lucky for me, the office Box plus London is relatively close to my house. When I came to the TV station building, I got nervous. I was trying to calm myself down with techniques I used during my exams. Just breathe, Lila, breathe.

The interview went very satisfactorily. At least I think so. The woman who interview me was very likeable and not very strict. She was going through my CV and asking relevant questions. No big deal. My jitters from earlier wasn't necessary. The entire environment of the television station seemed polite. They told me they'd call me at the end of the day.

I made a deal with the girls to meet at our pub. I was headed to the subway and in a few minutes after, I was already in the pubs street.

The girls were late, as usual, but I don't mind today. Today is a good day.

Two beers later, Carrie's head is already spinning and she wants to go dancing.

"Calm down, it's only noon. I'm sure the clubs aren't working yet. "- Alex said even though the beer also hit her.

"Why didn't you call Diana over?"- I asked.

"She was up all night and drawing. I inspired her so bad she didn't want to sleep. If you know what I mean. "- Alex grinned.

"If you're up for something to eat, I'm pretty hungry because of these beers." - Not second after of my question, Carrie was already paying the bill at the bar and we are moving.

"I want a big burger. But not as small as McDonald's. I want the hamburger size of my mom's chocolate cake. "- Alex's jaw drooped at the entrance of a nearby fast food bar.

"Carrie, don't you have a shift in like an hour?"

"I didn't tell you?"

"Tell us what?"

"I quit a little after I met Niel. I couldn't stand old grandfathers grabbing my ass."

I was glad because it's a local bar that only guests are old looking pervs who have nothing else to do all day.

"Now I'm going to get some rest! I'll look for a job in some fashion store. Although I prefer beer and shots, clothing stores always pay more."

Alex ordered two hamburgers with extra bacon, Carrie and I took the burritos and we started stuffing our faces.

"Uh Oh. Fuck! They are calling me from work! "- I mumble with my mouth full.

"Answer it already!"

"H-H-hello?"

"Miss Lawson?" - I recognize the famous voice of a woman I spoke to earlier this day.

"Yes, this is she!"

"Great! I was wondering, could you start working the day after tomorrow? "

"Yes! And if you need me, I can start now too!"