21. "When she was mine"

Harvey at the moment:

What I miss the most

Is talking up all night

We laughed until we cried

Now I'm breaking at the seams

Dropping to my knees

Nothing left of me

Black stone turned into dust

My heart wasn't enough

So far from where I used to be

When she was mine

Everything was easy, everything was simple

Never felt so good when she was mine

I wanted to remember

Never missed a second

Never wish I could forget

Forget when she was mine, mine, yeah

When she was mine, mine, yeah"

I sang my favourite song at the last rehearsal before the concert. Half Saturday already passed over and our show starts in a few hours.

"Are you guys ready for tonight? The show starts in a couple of hours... "– Edwin interrupted my thoughts, as he throws himself onto a bean bag and continued. – "I hope that you are, because today's concert depends on the future of this band. Manager of a couple of famous bands is coming, but which one - I'm not going to tell you yet. I don't want you to get nervous because of it. And Harvey... I hope your new alcoholism habit isn't going to affect your performance today. I expect only the best from you tonight."

Sometimes I want to bash his head into the floor. Instead, I bite my tongue and take the shit from him just because he's in charge.

"Then it's settled. Go home, get some rest and I'll see you tonight. Come early as always! "

Instead of resting, I decided to go for a run. I'm not some guy who's going to go to the gym but thanks to my genes and because of my height, I've always been skinny kind of muscular guy.

I could feel those soggy beers still evaporating from me. Plus all that, I'm lost in my mind. I have to shut down my feelings. At least for tonight.

Lila at the moment:

"Oh, come on! I can't believe you were such a chubby in elementary school. But you're cute, I swear!"

"You're a good liar."

Chris and I went to the afternoon picnic. Although we haven't prepared anything but the blanket, we have it all. We took the food from the nearby fast foods, and Chris took a bottle of some fine wine.

"What if someone sees us from the office?"

"So what, we're allowed to hang out?" – He was not thrilled by my question but I decided to ignore his reaction.

"I have to tell you something."

"Oh, the wine is disgusting, isn't it?"

"The wine is great! No, but... Well... "

"Do tell already!"

"Bridget invited me to the office the other day to 'warn' me about you. Like you are some famous fuck boy in the office."