19. "I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you"

Lila at the moment:

I'm ten minutes early.

I've pushed away in the brain everything that happened with Harvey last night and I decided to be concentrated on this day only.

That lady from the interview, Bridget Hale, briefly introduced me to the team. I'm going to start learning from one of the mentors for 'new people' and then, if I'm good enough, I'll be the one to teach someone too.

"So, team, this is our new addition. Miss Lawson! Please, be nice to her! "

"I'm glad to be here!"

"And this is your mentor. Chris Hughes. Come here!"

Dark blue-haired boy, somewhere around my height, politely gives me a not too strong handshake.

"Follow me, Miss Lawson."

"Call me Lila, please!!"

"Only if you call me Chris."

"It's a deal."

He is handsome. Not usually my type. Hell, for years my type was only Harvey.

I don't think he's more than 27 years old. Maybe he's even younger.

"So this is your desk. This one here. For starters, it will work. We'll get you bigger one later. You're going to be working mostly with me this week, just to see what the producer's doing, how and in what way."

"At your command, Sir!"

"You're so cute."- Dimples popped in his cheeks when he laughed.

I've been running around with Chris all morning. He's got a big step and he's very fast. And business is hectic. The station has its special kitchen, so luckily I don't have to run for coffee out in this heat.

"I heard that you like to write." – He says suddenly and breaks the silence.

"Yes, but I never started anything serious. It all came down to college duty papers."

"Too bad. I'd like to read your work. You seem like a very enthusiastic and interesting girl."– I started to blush a little.

Chris had a peculiar vocabulary and he was well-read. We exchanged a few personal opinions about the best novels of all time. He had his beliefs, as well as a decent career.

"If I may ask, how old are you? You seem very young. "

"That's what everyone tells me. I'm 24 years old."

"You're a year older and you're so successful!"

"You don't have to flatter me. I like you already, you don't need to suck up to me. "

"No, what? I am not sucking up! "

"Calm down, baby." - He winked at me and got up, which only meant we were getting on with the job again.

Harvey at the moment:

"Yesterday I got drunk as a pig and called Lila to take me home. I almost told her everything. "

"Oh. Well, I almost confessed to her about a thousand times too, Harvey..."

"Do you honestly think it makes sense to tell her now? We're not in a relationship, and we're not going to be soon. "