27. Friday means party

I stared at Niel and waited for an answer. He had a bunch of bags in his hand with who knows what.

"Harvey, you Jerk! Watch where you're going! "

"Quit bitching Niel. What's the hurry? "

"I was doing some errands for Carrie. Lila's having her birthday tomorrow so I'm helping Carrie prepare a surprise party for her tonight. "

"You really got a crush on Carrie, huh?" – I tried to calm my tensions and relive a normal conversation with a good friend and pretended like I wasn't interested in anything about Lila's birthday surprise.

"What am I going to do when she's brilliant?" – Niel proudly stated – "I would invite you to the party dude, you know that. But given what's happened, I'd better talk to Carrie about it, and then I'll get back to you. "

"No need. I'm sure she won't miss me. "

We exchanged a few more words and after that, I finally entered the Pub and started discussing with the boys about presenting our new songs – rather say - album. And my song got on the album too. I wrote it one night when I tried to erase Lila from my memory. And from my mobile phone. I never told the boys to whom it was devoted to, but they loved it so much and we decided to put it on the album.

"I'm as excited as a little child getting his first toy! So what did we agree on? "– Kevin asked trying to order a new round of beer.

"If everything goes according to plan, we'll release the album next week. Thursday, maybe? "– Edwin continued – "You have to do at least one photo shooting by the end of next week! Harvey, I am looking at you! You have no choice! You're a big part of this album, just as much as the band. You must get used to the glory!"

I nod to confirm. Although I'm still pretty surprised how people recognize me and want to take a picture with me. But it only happens if I go somewhere away from my house. Which is rare.

"Then, the next point of this meeting; the interviews."

"What about them?" – Kevin asked and drank half a glass of beer. At 9 a.m.

"I believe when we release a new album that there will be a lot of interest and reporters asking random questions. I told my good friend who is also a journalist everything so that he will be the first to talk to you and report everything."

I wasn't thrilled by that idea. I can talk about the band and songs but I know that as soon as they see and hear my song Good For You, they will have a thousand and one questions about who it is for and how the song was created. And I'm not ready to talk about how after the outburst of rage I broke my fist, cried, drank too many antibiotics, smashed my mobile phone, got drunk, tore up a couple of notebooks filled with failed songs until the right inspiration struck me. I'm not ready to tell everybody that only one smile and the sound of the same has managed to get me to write my probably best love-misery song.

"If no one has anything to add, I can only tell you to go out tonight and enjoy yourselves! You deserve it. I've tortured you too much in the last month."

"No, No. It's called tough love Edwin! We can only thank you, old man! Let's all go out together tonight. Not as a band, but as regular guys eager to party, okay? "

"I would just like to thank each and every one of you for taking me so well in the band and, of course, giving me a second chance when I blew it."

I didn't want to sound desperate, so after a short thank you, I punched Philip in the shoulder. We finished the drinks, arranged the plans for the evening, and I was quickly headed to the doctor's office to do hopefully last checkup.