17. F*cking bowling

"Lila, wake up! It's already six o'clock. Please, get up! "- mom was yelling inconsiderate of my headache.

"I have to rest before tomorrow."

"Then you shouldn't get yourself drunk like that! I feel like we're back to your first year at the college, Lila! "

"But we aren't."

"Get up and don't answer me again!"

I slept through all day. Great. She's mad at me for a reason, and I am too. I started to cry again as soon as I thought about last night's party.

I pretty much remember Mark and the blonde and... OH MY GOD, I remember! I kissed Harvey!

I started remembering that I was sitting on his lap and I remember the sensation that I felt at the time. He told me in the morning that we didn't sleep together. Maybe that's why he's angry. Maybe because I didn't want to have sex with him? Or worse, maybe he didn't want to have sex me?

I'm starting to panic again. One way to find out what happened was to call him and just ask him directly. It was very simple, and somehow I couldn't get myself to call him the same second.

Even though I didn't believe that girls knew anything, I sent a message to our group chat. There's no answer.

I found his number in my phone and I called him. To hell with everything.

"What do you want?"

"I have a very stupid question but I started remembering certain events from last night and..."

"And?" – He talked unusually, and in the background, I can hear very loud music and voices.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?"

"No, just hurry up. Soon it's mine... "– He was interrupted in the middle of a sentence and I can hear the yelling of his name to hurry. -"I'll call you later." – He hang up.

Where he could be with right now on Tuesday at six p.m.

I didn't give up, I decided to call him again. It rang, but there's no answer.

Harvey at the moment:

Although I could listen to Lila's voice for days, fuck, years, I had to stop talking to her because it was my turn to bowl.

We had a new rule. Who misses or only hits a few cones – drinks.

"I'm going to win this game."-Said Philip.

"How? You're the worst at bowling! "

"That's why I'm going to drink the most. So, I win in a drinking game!"

I took my lucky ball, set myself up in position to bowl and swung so hard that I slipped and fell over my arm. The band and I believe the whole bowling alley laughed. And I along with them.

"Good job, asshole!"

"Now you're going to drink a whole glass of beer!"

"Fuck bowling!"

Well, I deserved it. Once again, Lila managed to sabotage me.

After three hours of bowling and drinking, I still managed to maintain control. As long as I don't have to throw a ball. I sat down and saw four missed calls. Why the fuck she keeps calling me?

"Can you chill out already? "

"I'm sorry, I...."

"You, you, what?"

"Are you drunk?"

"No, I only fell during the bowling. I'm not drunk, I'm not! "

"Yes, you are."

"So what? You were drunk last night too. "

"That's what I'm calling you about."

"You've apologized to me already. You don't have to do it every hour. "

"Can you tell me why exactly I apologized for?"

"We weren't together in that sense. Although we almost did. You're lucky I didn't take that glass of wine that Carrie offered me. Then I'd fuck you for sure. Otherwise, nothing happened except - we kissed a little. "

"And that's it? The whole story? "

"And what did you expect?"

"I'm supposed to thank you for not taking advantage of me?"

"Well, actually, yes. You were pushing me, you weren't letting me go. You didn't listen to me while I was telling you that in any other situation, I would be with you. You just insulted me and you rushed out. That's when I found you unconscious and that's it."

She kept quiet for a minute. I was sure she'd hang up on me.

"You're still mad at me for that?"

"You can't understand when you were drunk."

"I won't bother you again. Enjoy yourself."

Lila at the moment:

Which right he has to be so mad at me? I wasn't myself last night. And he's selling a show that he hasn't been drinking over a year, and I just heard him so drunk that he can barely compose a whole sentence. Who knows how many times he's been drunk by now, even though he says he's clean.

If I hadn't drank that much, I wouldn't have kissed him. If I managed to get over that day in the car when he leaned towards me like he's going to kiss me, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't kiss him last night. Fucking alcohol.

I'm was sure that I'd be with Mark by then. It's just too bad that he found the blond girl before anything happened with us.

And I'm stupid for letting myself do that. I promised myself a million times I'd stay away from Harvey.

There's a reason I stopped with all this nonsense a long time ago. My mom's mad at me again, I don't remember half the night, and I ruined Harvey's night.

I had to get my grip on. I can't ruin my day tomorrow. First real job after college. I have to shine.

I've arranged an outfit for tomorrow, I put a little notebook in a black snake-patterned bag, a couple of pens, a little mirror and other necessary items for a woman's handbag.

We all had dinner together. Nobody asked me anything but a dad who's excited about tomorrow.

"My little Lila is starting tomorrow on her first big job. How quickly you grew up!"

To be perfectly honest, I was expecting a yelling and fights all over the place. But nothing. Ruby laughed all the time.

"You look like you've plugged yourself into the electric plug in the wall!"

"That's because I fell asleep with the wet hair! Stop it, you little naughty girl! "

Ruby and I cleared out the table, put the dishes in the washer, and we all hung out in front of the TV. I soon explained that I still had to do some chores for tomorrow and I went to my room.

I checked my phone messages. Felix finally answered me.