26. Answers, maybe?

"What? Aren't you glad to see me? "

It took me a few moments to take my mind off it and I wanted to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Why are you here? After all? "

"I think we'd better talk in person. Come here, Sis. "– He approached me and embraced me. I don't know why I let him hug me, but I did. Felix is standing here in front of me right now, acting like nothing ever happened.

"Why do you pretend like nothing happened? Like you didn't do anything wrong? "

"I'm not behaving like that. It's just... I haven't had a chance to say how sorr..."

"Sorry? Now you remember? When I finally find out the truth? "

"Lila..."

I didn't know what else to say to him. I analyzed him carefully from head to toe. He's lost a few pounds, I can tell. His beard is sharp and thick. He looks so much older with a beard. He wasn't wearing glasses. Typical. He always claimed he had to wear them only when he was working or driving but he also saw nothing without them.

"Where's Maggie?" – I knew he would try to ignore that question. I can tell from Dad's expression that they didn't talk about her yet.

"Home. I mean... In Australia."

"And why is that? Why did you come here on your own? "

"I told you... I wanted to talk to you... "

"Stop bullshiting Felix! I know you left her the moment you landed in Australia! "

"Lila, don't talk nonsense!"

"Oh, that's not nonsense, my dear brother. She told me everything! Now you expect me to run into your arms and forgive you. How can you not see that you are also the bad guy in this whole story? Instead of talking to me, telling me everything, you were doing everything behind my back. "

"I thought I was going to spare you!"

"I'm old enough to decide for myself what happens next with my life!"

I said, I rushed to my room and locked behind me. This man is not my brother. Once before, I could talk to my brother about anything, without any shame.

"Lila, come on, open up! I'm sorry... " - his voice was cracking, almost like he was about to start crying.

"You realize I just wanted an explanation and heard a sincere apology from you?"

"I know that now. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. A thousand times; I'm sorry! "

"But why, Felix?"

"I was an idiotic jerk and I believed that I was protecting you from everything!"

"I thought we could say everything to each other...."

"And we can! I'll always be there! "

"You disappeared as soon as I finally found out what you were keeping from me. What do you mean you'll always be there? "

"I was afraid! You have to understand me. I was scared and I didn't see another way out! "

"I don't know Felix..."

"Let me in, let's talk." – as soon as I unlocked the door, Felix hugged me again – "I never want to hurt you again!"

"How can I trust you?"

"You have to believe me! I'll do anything to make amends. "

"Can you rewind time and tell me everything on time? I turned out to be a clown and probably everybody knew about Harvey and Alex and they must have laughed at me behind my back. Just like you did... "