23. How does it feel?

Harvey at the moment:

"You're fucking insane! I could kill you now. Both of you! You're a jerk, you know that! Your whole relationship was a lie! You lied to her literally from day one! I'm going to tell her everything. "

"Tell her, I don't care. She's got a new boyfriend, there is no point in lying."

"Well, my friend, I thought you were a good person. I didn't expect that from you."

"As soon as she wakes up, I'll tell her everything. You mangy bastard! "– Carrie was screaming through the whole house and she rushed out, sat down and waited for Niel in the car.

Lila and I will never be together again, so she won't even care.

I wonder how Dad didn't wake up with all that Carrie's yelling. I drank my painkillers and lay down. It's morning, though. I have to rest.

Lila at the moment:

My phone rang constantly. It's Carrie. Why the hell she won't let me sleep on this fine Sunday morning.

"Girl, we need to talk right now. I'm coming to get you. Be out front in five minutes."

I didn't get a chance to answer anything, but I jumped out of bed and greeted her in front of the house.

"What's the matter, what are you mad about?"

"We need to have a serious talk."

She drove us to a parking lot of a nearby supermarket and parked. All this time, she's been creeping me out, and I knew that what was coming was not good.

"So... "

"Carrie, start talking."

"We were at Harvey's house a few hours ago. Niel and I are stuck at a stupid party and he's been calling to tell us that he's awake and how he needs company. "

"Yes, so, why are you telling me all of this?"

"Just listen to me! As I was saying... We got there, he was all fucked up, still visually stoned by the painkillers. And he started mumbling something about seeing you with some boy in the park kissing. "

"He saw me with Chris yesterday? And that's why he broke his arm? "

"Approximately - yes."

"I knew it was somehow my fault again."

"Whoa, trust me! After I tell you this, you're not going to think that."

"What do you mean?"

"To continue. He talked about how he was so close to confessing to you... "

"Confess what?"

"Bloody hell, Lila, would you let me finish?!"

"Sorry."

"To admit to you why Felix threatened him."

I felt a sudden weight in my stomach and I couldn't believe I was finally going to hear the truth. I had to get myself together so I can listen to the rest.

"Carrie, please, go on!"

"A few days after you and Harvey started dating in high school... If you remember that Lake Party in the house from some unimportant kid? "

"Yes, I remember I didn't go because I got my period and I didn't want to sit there in pain."

"Well, that night... Harvey cheated on you. "