28. Purple & Yellow ♡

We've been driving for about fifteen minutes and I haven't been able to figure out what Carrie had prepared for me. Knowing her, it would be nothing that I expect.

The dress is absolutely beautiful. My hips - that evolved shortly after the start of high school - are pointed out nicely. And I really like the way I look.

"Miss Lawson, we're almost there! Please just follow the rose petals on the red carpet to the entrance. And by the way, Happy Birthday! "

I thanked him with a smile. Oh, my birthday... I knew she wouldn't be able to endure it without giving me a surprise party.

We stopped in front of a famous building of a factory. The same one where Alex and I used to party in about a month ago. As the driver said, I was greeted by a red carpet sprained with yellow petals of roses. Luckily, the rain settled down and everything seemed very romantic.

Though I already assumed what was waiting for me, I felt the butterflies in my stomach. With a slight step, I reached the main entrance and slowly opened the door. I couldn't see anything because it was dark everywhere. Suddenly the lights went out in different colors and the light of the big spotlight fell on me.

"SURPRISE!!!!" - The whole factory full of people has shouted. I started looking for familiar faces and finally, I saw was Chris in a beautiful suit with a tie of the same color as my dress. Next to him were Carrie and Niel, my parents, Ruby and Felix and a few college buddies. The other guests I knew from Niel's party, and the rest were just people who came out to party. They were all dressed in suits and lightweight dresses. The bars were decorated with purple/white balloons and next to one of them I noticed a large strawberry cake and on the sides were decorative boxes and bags filled with gifts.

Ruby came running to me as well as mom and dad.

"This is wonderful! You shouldn't have bothered with all of this... "

"It's all Carrie's doing!" - Ruby said while she was still hugging me.

"You should become a party planner! This is beautiful, Carrie. "- I couldn't help it. I was happy, surrounded by friends, family, and I had a wonderful boyfriend next to me.

"Anything for you, Lila! All. Also, I have one request. Can you please come with me? "

I nod and I immediately go after Carrie, who led me to a well-known path to the VIP booth. I was scared for a second that she brought Harvey, but I was close enough. Alex was sitting in a black dress to the knees with one yellow rose in her hands.

"Please, if you love me, just talk. We've been friends for so many years, and I miss us hanging out. "- Carrie said with little sadness in her voice.

I sat across from Alex and I kept quiet until she began to speak.

"Lila, I don't know where to start."

"For example, from the truth?"

"All right, I'll tell you everything. Every detail. Everything. Just listen to me and don't interrupt me. I want to tell you everything and then you'll decide if you still want me in your life. "

I watched her talk and her lips shaking as much as her hands. I didn't want to celebrate my birthday like this but deep down, I knew how right Carrie was. I miss Alex, too.

I nod and let her talk.

"I don't want to look for excuses - I know it's wrong what happened but I want you to know how much I regret every moment of it. After that night, I was never with a boy again. Not one. "

"It was that bad?" - I saw in the corner of my eye that Carrie would rather laugh and not be serious.

"No, I mean, yes. That's not what I'm trying to... "