5. Harvey's truth

Harvey - Five days before the breakup:

I was sitting in a coffee shop waiting for my double macchiato. I saw a familiar face coming towards me.

„Harvey, man! A hangover is killing you, huh?" - Felix said, right to my face that I can almost feel his breakfast.

"Oh, no. I'm... "- I didn't get a chance to finish the sentence until Felix interrupted me and changed the expression of his face.

„Look, let's go sit somewhere back. We need to talk."

„What happened? Is Lila okay?"- Deep down all I can think about is Lila.

„Lila is fine. But I want to tell you something about her. And you have to take me seriously. I'm not joking."

I swallowed a sip of macchiato but it feels like I didn't. My throat dried up, my eyes probably fell out, my hands were shaking and my mind was all over the place.

„I know you love her, man, and that's why this is hard for me. Please, as her brother, I beg you, to get out of her life forever."

I didn't believe what I was hearing. Felix was always a good guy and he was always joking around. He was never against Lila and me. I thought he was joking.

„What now? You're fucking joking, right?"

„I told you right from the start that I'm not joking. I know your fucking secret and if you don't want me to tell her, you better disappear! Leave her, I don't care! Tell her whatever you want, just disappear. I'll pay you if I have to!"

„What the bloody hell are you talking about? What secret?! You think you're going to get me away from the girl I love and want for the rest of my life with fucking money?! You're lost, man! Get the fuck out of here!"

I was going to punch him right here in the middle of a coffee shop. I only refrained because I knew Lila would leave me. She has no idea how much her brother sucks.

„Listen. You have a week to leave her. You have no idea what I'm willing to do just to get you out of our lives. So, you leave her, you never talk to her again, and everything's going to be fine. She'll cry a little because of you, but I'll make sure she moves on quickly and forgets you. If you don't do it in a week, the first thing - your dad will find out what kind of drug addict he has for a son and what do you do.
Second; I'll make sure she knows what you did to her and it's going to hurt her more if I let her know. I'm just trying to be a good big brother."

I got up and nailed my fist into his stupid, poor teeth.

"You're sick and full of shit! I will tell her that you're a liar!'

„And whom would she believe? Me with a bloody face or you with a bloody fist? I am only sorry for not doing this earlier but I wasn't so sure that your relationship was going to last that long."

He was right. The fucking idiot provoked me. He knew exactly what he was doing.

„I... I can't."

„You can and you will. You have a week. She is better off without you."

Harvey - Day of the breakup

I was shaking. Not from drugs, but fear. I have to do it. For her own good. I love her, I bloody love her. While I was waiting for her, I smoked two joints. I better not feel anything when I'm leaving my girlfriend. What a jerk I am... What fucking idiot leaves the one thing he loves the most in this world?

Deep down, I know Lila would believe him, not me. I'm just stupid idiot and I don't deserve her. I did some unforgivable things, so she is better without me I've spent the last few days trying to find a way out. I called Felix, begged him - and that's something I never do - to change his mind. There was nothing I could do. I felt helpless.

She'll be better off without you. She must graduate from college and not spend days with you drowning herself in alcohol."

I heard the door open, she came.
She saw me and jumped into my lap. She felt it. She knows when something isn't right.

„What's wrong?" - I looked one, possibly last time, into her beautiful brownish eyes.

„Lila. I think it's time. You're not the same, you're not my Lila who danced every weekend at the bar clubs. I think it's time for you to get yourself cleaned up, get away from me and finish your so-loved college." - I said and I felt my soul and heartbreaking in half. I didn't want to say it but I had to. I had to and I continued:

"That's all because I decided to take a break and finish that fucking college? Huh, Harvey? I'm sick of you! Look at you! You stink of alcohol and your eyes look so red like you did a three-day snort of drugs. You disgust me! "- I'd like to hug her, tell her the whole truth-

"Do you realize how stupid and lame that sounds?"- She said, she looked at me one last time and ran out of my room.