20. Ocean Drive

I couldn't wait to start every new workday. Chris was so kind and his company suited me even though I know him for a few days now.

"Lila, come here a minute."- Bridget invited me to her office. – "Since it's already Friday, I have to ask. How do you like working here?"

"Exciting! Thank you for the opportunity!"

"It's nice having a person like you on the team. Very much organized and trustworthy. So I must warn you. You're a pretty young lady and also a smart one. Chris loves girls like you."

"Like me? What's that supposed to mean? "

"Nothing personal. I'm just saying... You have to be careful, he likes to flirt around. This firm doesn't have some rule that prohibits any romantic relationships but I like my office to be only concentrating on work. Everything else is just a distraction."

"Thanks for the warning, but nothing happened."

That was weird. I've barely even started working here. I wonder if she does that to every new girl that comes in. I can't take anything personally, I understand that she wants to concentrate on the company's productivity. After all, she's the boss.

"Good morning! Were you naughty already and ended up in the boss's office? "

"Ha-ha! No, miss Bridget just wanted to check something with me." – Yup Chris, she wanted to know if we are fucking already.

"All right then, good to hear! I'd hate to lose you, you've shown yourself to be worthy of this job. "– He's cheeky, I have to admit. He's naturally charming.

"Come on, hurry up!" – He interrupted me in my fantasies and gently patted me on the back. He's wearing only a white shirt today, without a suit. In the past days, I couldn't see that he had a carved body. He must go to the gym a lot. His hair is gelled and neat.

"Today, like every Friday, we get a new playlist that must be included in the daily 'hits only' musical program. Lila will print copies for you and I want you to merge them in the playlist by the end of the day! "– said Chris, providing me with a handful of paper with a bunch of the popular songs.

"As soon as you copy these, please give it to the team. And then come to my office. We need to talk." – I hate that sentence. It gives me shivers and I always think about bad stuff.

It didn't take me long to do print the copies and I was already on my way to his office. It was near my desk. If he had an open office door, I'd have a direct look at him.

"You have to tell me if the work I give you is hard or if something's bothering you. You can tell me anything."

"Mr. Hughes, you think it's hard for me to copy a few papers? No, not at all. "

"We had a deal. You have to call me Chris, please. I'm barely a year older than you."

"Chris, excuse me."

"Yeah about that. I didn't call you here to chat about work. It was an excuse to talk to you alone without those predators listening. "

As he said that, I got a little goosebumps over my body. I've been working with him for three days now and he didn't gave any other girl that much attention. Not that I've noticed.

"I'm sorry if I'm being offensive. You caught my eye."

"I don't know what to say... I... "

"I'm not going to force you into anything. I hope you're not uncomfortable now. "