16. Hangover

I opened my eyes and I didn't immediately recognize where I was. The last thing I remember is seeing Alex getting in the elevator with Diana.

For fucks sake, I'm in Harvey's room! In his bed! Please, God, if only I hadn't slept with him. What time is it anyway?

I lifted my head, and I saw him sleeping on the floor on a couple of blankets.

"Harvey..." - I said a little quieter but nothing, he didn't wake up.

I'm in his t-shirt. The same t-shirt I always slept in. A black one with a big 'Queen' inscription.

If we'd slept together, wouldn't he be by my side?

"Good morning, Lila." - He spoke, but he hasn't opened his eyes yet.

"I'm sorry, Harvey, but I don't remember anything. You must understand that... "

"It's all right. We didn't sleep together, and your stuff is on the nightstand. I had to change you because I found you outside the apartment and you were soaking wet. Someone spilt beer on you."

"Oh my God. But I did something stupid, didn't I?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Fuck! What happened to me? One minute I'm taking my stuff and I'm going with Alex and Diana home and the next thing I remember is waking up here."

"Nothing serious. You've been drinking all day with the girls and you've gone a little overboard. You're going to be okay. "

"Why did you bring me here? Why didn't you drive me home?"

"I wanted you to be safe. If I'd left you unconscious in front of your house, who knows if you could get to bed at all."

Even though he didn't have to, he took care of me. And today I can read on his face that he can't stand me. I probably annoyed him yesterday with my mischief behaviour.

"Harvey... I am sorry... I can't remember the last time I drank this much."

He didn't answer anything, but he got up and headed to the kitchen.

"Do you want a coffee or something to eat? But we have to be quick because... "

"I just want you to drive me home if you're not busy."

"I'm going to call you a cab, sorry I have to go to rehearsal in less than 20 minutes. I slept a little longer than I thought. "

"I understand. Thank you for everything. You could have left me in front of the apartment, but you didn't. Thank you and sorry again. "

He nodded and called the cab number and in less than ten minutes, I was already on my way home.

I was hungover as fuck and it smelled out of my mouth just like the way I feel right now. I just want to sleep and forget everything. I didn't see Carrie most of the night, Alex and Di left me in front of the apartment, Harvey's mad at me because I was probably a pain in the ass and who knows what I told him. Good job, Lila. Once again, I was able to make Harvey's night miserable.

On the way to the room, I waved to my parents instead of saying anything. Dad's not too happy because I came home in broad daylight. I'm certain it reminds him of my not so glorious times.

I managed to take a shower, lay down on the bed and fell asleep.

Harvey at the moment:

It was a terrible rehearsal. We couldn't harmonize, nor was I able to sing one verse without making a thousand mistakes. I'm so sleepy, nervous, and right now I could drink a whole bottle of vodka.

It wasn't just my fault, the boys were in a bad mood too, so nobody wanted to complain.

When the disaster of rehearsal ended, we went to a bar across the street. I think it's going to come in handy if I don't think about everything that's happened.

"Dude, if you drink a beer now, you know no one's going to judge you."

"Oh, I know. And I'm thinking about how I could have one. "

I'm not a recovering alcoholic, I didn't go to AA meetings. I just went too far that night, and after the first fucked up situation, I stopped. One beer's not going to hurt? I'm not an addict, I know when I should stop.

"Oh fuck, give me one too! It's better if I drink beer or else I'll have to start beating people up on the street."

And I only had one beer. Okay, two. But that's it. I'm fine, I feel great. If I drank like I used to, I'd probably be on the sixth glass already.

Lila gave me so much trouble last night that I'm wondering how come I didn't gone mad already.

First of all, I don't know how I got in control last night when she turned on me and kissed me like that and sat on my lap. If we weren't surrounded by so many people, I wouldn't have stopped so easily. No way. Plus, she was as drunk as an ass. I couldn't do that to her. This morning, she didn't remember anything anyway. My brain's fighting its own battles and I just want to be with her.

The new gig's not until Friday, so I have time to get back in shape.

"Guys, do you want to go bowling or something? We haven't been anywhere without having a show before! "- Kevin suggested after successfully drinking five beers.

I've never tried bowling in my life, but because of these beers, I just don't care. Why not?

Soon we drank everything we had left and headed for the bowling alley. Bowling alley was nearby but if I'm completely honest, London has thousands of them.

I was laughing my ass off at every one of Philip's bowling attempts. It was hilarious. The ball was either flown into another lane or it didn't even take off in the first place.

"You'd better stick to the drums!"

"I blame all the beers I had."

As soon as we got here, we took the Kernel beer in 'giraffe'. It's a huge tube which can hold up to 3 to 5 litres of beer, depending on which type. Giraffe is the best choice for this kind of socializing. You're pouring and pouring and at the same time you have no idea how much you had.

"Not bad, Clark, for the first time. If that's your first like you said it is? "

"Come on, man, when did you see me bowl before?"

"Not bad, you're a credible opponent."

I wasn't checking my phone this whole time. I didn't even notice that battery is dead. I gave it to the waitress to charge it. I've only got one message.

"We need to talk."

I ignored it and went back to bowling.