6 years Later

"You awake?" Derek whispered.
"Mhmm, always." Alex mumbled.

"You think they're gonna be late today?" Derek asked his voice full of hope.

"Absolutely not! When have they ever been late? They should be coming in 3,2,1!" On cue the door bust open. Their kids running in jumping on the bed.  

"Mommy mommy!"
"Morning Daddy!"

"If y'all don't get y'all hyper asses down! Jumping on my bed! Who is this hype on a Monday?"

"Ahhh come on sour puss! Join in!" Alex stood up joining the kids. Derek shook his head joining in.

Declan sat down on the bed. Alex noticed it beginning to worry. When she stopped everybody stopped. "Baby boy breathe for mommy okay." She rubbed his back.

Declan nodded his head. "I'm okay mommy, I just needed to sit down."

"Okay, don't push yourself so hard. It's okay to stop when you feel yourself getting tired."

"I knowwww!" He huffed.

"You okay bubba?" Alayna asked her brother.
"I'm fine sissy." Alex watched the kids make sure bubba was okay. Feeling her emotions take over.

"Okay, everybody out! I need teeth brushed, clothes on. It's the first day of school and no one will be late." Derek yelled.

The kids started filing out the room. Alex turned to Derek. He opened his arms letting Alex cry into his arms. "I just hate when that happens."

"I know, but he's better now."

"And it's his first day of school. What if they pick on him? Or make him do a lot. Derek my baby can't go to school. He needs me!"

"Alex, please he'll be fine. Strawberry goes to school everyday and so does Aidan. They're fine. Yeah but that's my baby. My last and final baby. There is no more after him."

"There, there," He consoled his wife who was being very dramatic at the moment.

"Mommy are you okay?" Alayna rushed over.

"Strawberry mommy is fine. She's just having a moment okay baby girl. She'll be out to do your hair in a second."

Alayna hugged her mommy before turning to leave the room. "Come oh baby you know she'll start crying if she sees you like this. Let's go get get decent so we can go. It's the first day we can't be late."

After Alex's little breakdown. She was in strawberry's room fixing her hair. "Mommy I'm worried about bubba. What if he gets sick again?"

Alex froze up, She was not expecting that to come out of her mouth. Strawberry had this caring nature where she worried just like Alex did. But she was definitely more emotional with a silent temper. If you were crying around her, she would cry with you. She couldn't lie she was worried about Deci as well. She turned Alayna to her. "There's nothing to be worried about mamas the doctors said he's much better now. He just has to take it easy. But he's fine I promise."

"Okay, I just don't like seeing him like that."
"Me neither. But that's now we're gonna think about. It's the first day of school, you're going to second grade! And you have a class with Jet! And if anything goes wrong you have Aidan, Jaden and Davis to protect you. Even though I think they would call you to protect them. It'll be okay."

"If you aren't downstairs in 5 minutes your getting left!" Derek yelled through the intercom.

"Uh oh! Daddy forreal will leave us. Time to go." Everybody came out the rooms ready to go. Derek handed the kids their lunch boxes.