Thankful for chaos Pt.1

An:// I'm changing Carter's age from 16 to 15. I will go back to the previous chapters and edit that. So when I mention his age remember I just changed it.

"Mom how come we always have to make the desserts from scratch

"Mom how come we always have to make the desserts from scratch."

"Because they taste better that way." Alex tapped her nose with her flour coated fingers. "I thought you liked baking with me. What happened?"

"I mean I do, I'm just tired. Why can't the boys or daddy help?"

"You know your father just came back from his birthday trip yesterday. Trust me if he hadn't he would be down here helping. He's just gonna have to make his dish early tomorrow and your brother suck. They eat everything before we can take it."

"I guess." She grumbled. "But why are we making their birthday cakes? We can't just buy them?"

"You know you're complaining a lot missy. I can take the phone and send you upstairs with no electronics if you want."

"No! I'm just saying we do a lot of the baking for like 30 people. Not including whoever else gets invited."

"I know but between Lottie's family and papa Randall's family it's always a lot of people. After the cakes we can stop for the night. But you have to promise you're gonna wake up tomorrow and help me."

"Okay I promise!" She smiled happily mixing the cake batter.

The mother daughter duo stood in the kitchen singing and baking. They finally placed the cakes in the oven. Alayna plopped on the couch next to her mother laying in her lap. "Mom?"

Alex stopped her humming but continued rubbing her hair lightly. "Yes strawberry?"

"How did Deci end up born of the same day as daddy? Like how did that happen?"

"Well I have a medical condition called Eclampsia which causes me to have seizures when I'm pregnant. I had one exactly on the day of your dad's 30th birthday. I remember he cried and complained about him getting old. He just wanted to be lazy all day especially because I was on bed rest. We watched so many movies, slept and ate we got bored. Aidan asked if we could go on a walk, I of course co-signed because I was in the house 24/7. My doctor told me 30 minutes of walking around was all I was allowed to do."

"So then what happened?" She asked very intrigued about the story.

"Your dad has finally agreed after we all begged. Everybody went to throw on some decent and warm clothes. I sat on the bed because I felt dizzy. You were rubbing on my belly talking to your Bubba. Everything was all about your bubba." Alex rolled her eyes.

"Yeah well I can barely stand him now."

"Oh yeah right. Nobody believes that." Alex laughed.

"Anyways back to the story please."