Bonus Chapter: Familiar

Aidan's annoying ass alarm blared through his apartment

Aidan's annoying ass alarm blared through his apartment. That's right his apartment. His parents saw him doing great in school, keeping the promise to get his degree in Kinesiology all while maintaining his 3.6 Gpa and being the captain of the Basketball team. He was also projected to be Number 3 in the NBA Draft come next spring.

His feet touched the cold hardwood floors. It was late September in Washington. The weather was very up and down. He yawned stretching him muscles preparing for the run he was about to take. Slipping on his clothes and grabbing his pods and keys. He nearly jumped out his skin seeing his homie Omari chilling on his counter eating a breakfast sandwich. "My nigga it took you long enough."

"You bitch, why are you in my house."

"Nigga first of all DONT act surprised. You got a two bedroom condo right by the school. It's better than staying in that funky ass athletic dorm."

"I'm about to start charging your ass rent. Let's go."

"Listen, just because you living life for free don't mean you gotta be stingy you my best friend."

Aidan rolled his eyes. This was their friendship ever since they met at Freshmen training week 4 years ago.

"Bro, so let me tell you so you know Shelby right?"

"Bougie Shelby?"

"Yeah her, she having a party tonight. Talking about A kickback. I heard Shawty invited a lot girls. So non of that anti social, I gotta study bullshit. You bringing yo ass out tonight."

Aidan thought about it. He could use a night out, slide into something protectively. Since him and his ex had broken up he hadn't really been out there. He could use this time to let loose before the semester really started.

"I know you still thinking about Stacey, but look on the bright side. Your mom told you she was a hoe. She was just looking for a come up. She got caught up and now it's time for you to level up." He popped his collar at his motivational speaking game.

Aidan felt his face turn red. Shelby was a she who should not be named. They started dating his sophomore year. The met at a Greek Bowl and the rest was like a HBCU love story. He pledged, and She pledged and they were like Mr. and Mrs. Until it all came crashing down. Shelby was indeed looking for a come up. She ended up getting with one of the upperclassman athletes who was drafted. She dropped out of school and was now a Fulltime wag.
"Man shut up. I'm coming alright. But I'm not gonna stay to long."

"Bet! It starts at 10."