The Grinch Stole Christmas Pt. 1

🗣COMMENT & VOTE!🗣

Derek angrily rolled the bag up the driveway

Derek angrily rolled the bag up the driveway. Using his key he entered in the house. "ANGEL!"

"ANGEL!" Derek yelled. He shut the door going into the living room. Paola sat up from the couch. "Derek? What are you doing here?" She coughed slightly.

"Hola Mama Paola, I'm here to spend the night. Angel was supposed to pick me up from the airport and let me stay here so I could surprise the family tomorrow."

"Oh that's beautiful. But Angel is upstairs sleeping. Of course you can stay the night. I'll set up the guest room for you."

"Oh please, that's not necessary. I can do it, I don't even need anything fancy. Just somewhere I can rest my eyes for the evening."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes absolutely, it's fine. I'll be in and out so quick you won't even know I'm here. But it is a secret."

"Of course I won't say a word."

"Thank you. I'm gonna go check on that knucklehead since he forgot about me."

"Okay." She nodded returning to her show.

Derek quickly walked up the steps. Turning down the hall he was familiar with and burst into the bedroom. It was dark and funky in there. "Yo Angel what the hell." Derek held his nose. "Angel man get the fuck up!"

"Oh shit Derek, man I forgot all about you bro." He scratched his growing hair.

"I see had me stranded at the airport for an hour bro. I've been calling you. What the fuck! This how you living? You look like shit and smell like it to. Got it smelling like rotten eggs, dirty socks and beans in here. When is the last time you showered."

"Man leave me alone. I'm grieving." He sighed climbing underneath the covers.

"Grieving what? Man you need to get up, clean up and shower." Derek gagged. "Should be grieving that stench in here. Smells like something crawled up your ass and died."

Angel smacked his teeth looking at his friend. "Your fücking sister man. We're getting a divorce. I got sent the papers and everything. My marriage is over. My wife was crumbling before my eyes and I was to blind to see it."

Derek sucked his teeth. There was just to much breaking up going on around him he was running out of shit to say. He already had to deal with all that crying from Aidan now to turn around and deal with it from Angel was becoming too much. "Angel man, look....you can't blame yourself for this. Some people aren't made for marriage. What exactly did she say?"

"That she felt like my happiness was important. That I should stay with her because she's unhappy and she doesn't want me to become unhappy while she searches for her happiness."

That shit was pretty straightforward for Derek wasn't much for him to say. "I mean she's right. Atleast she loved you enough to know that your happiness is just as important as hers. It'll be okay you should take this time and focus on the kids, focus on the Npo and your mom. You got a lot going on, those things bring you happiness."