Aching Pains

🗣🗣COMMENT & VOTEE!🗣🗣

"Grams what you mean you're not coming? You know Alex is gonna be upset."

"Tell that little girl I love her and she can come see tomorrow. I'm not feeling my best." She wheezed between words.

"I told you to go to the doctor. I don't like how that sounds."

"Oh hush up boy, ain't nothing my herbs won't fix."

"Your herbs are probably what got you in this mess in the first place. You want me to bring you something to eat? You and Beaux?"

"No were good baby. Y'all enjoy your night."

"Alright love you grams."

"Love you too."

Derek woke up in the bed of his own hospital room. After crying at this hospital and saying his goodbyes to Ruby, it hit harder than ever causing him to go into hysterics. The doctors had to sedate him and calm him down.

The press was having a field day with this. Someone recorded him in the midst of his breakdown and now it was everywhere. He wasn't aware of that. Alex had taken his phone and turned it off. She sat by his bed waiting for him to wake up. Eventually falling asleep herself.

It was when Derek's heart machine started beeping rapidly causing Alex to shoot up. His eyes staring back at hers, she touched his hand climbing into the bed wrapping her arms around him. The machines beeping slowed down as Derek's cried filled the room.

"We don't have to talk, just let it out." Alex kisses his forehead. Here he was a 34 years old man crying in the arms of his wife. He couldn't believe it. Guilt was laying on his chest because he felt like he could've help her. He knew she was stubborn but he didn't expect this to be the outcome.

The doctor checked him out before discharging him. The ride home was silent, Alex made sure she held his hand the entire way. When they entered the house the kids rushed them. Derek picked up Alayna. "Mommy, Daddy when we woke up you guys were gone! Where were you this morning?"

"Well how about you guys sit down, we have something to tell you." Alex looked over at Derek sadly. He shook his head no, making Alex sigh. On the couch sat an already somber Rose being consoled by Donald.

"What's going on?" Aidan asked.

"This morning we found out some sad news. Grandma Ruby, passed away. She was sick and her body couldn't handle it."

"What does past away mean?" Declan asked.

"Well Bubba, she died. Meaning she won't be around anymore."

"Oh.....that makes me sad." Alex watched his face heat up as the waterworks started. "Oh Bubba come here baby boy." He walked over to her as she placed him in her lap. Once Declan started crying it was like a chain reaction, the entire living room was full of small whimpers and sniffles.

This death hit the family and it hit them hard.

Two weeks later

"Mommy is Daddy gonna come home?" Declan asked watching her make breakfast.

"Yes, he will."

"Okay but when?" He pouted.

"Soon baby soon. Go get your brother and sister. You guys need to eat so you guys can go to school." Alex said tiredly, giving him a weak smile.