A couple Trip(s)?

🗣 Comment & VOTE (please vote y'all)🗣

"Alex can I talk to you?"

"Sure babe what's up?"  Alex looked at her husband with deep concern. His body language screamed uncertainty and nervousness.

"So in like two days I have to go to Cali, it's a two day one night trip. One of the kids from the scholarship is graduating and he invited me. I was thinking of declining it because I felt like you needed me more. But then I thought, why don't you come with me." He smiled.

"I- um....yeah okay yeah I'll go. But what about the kids?"

"I told your dad and he offered to watch them."

"But he's already watching them next week when we leave."

"Yeah he said we should go. And I was think it could be a quick mini trip before the main trip. You know an appetizer before the main meal."

"You're annoying, but if he's down then okay. He's gonna stay here or they-"

"They're going to him."

"Well I guess we're going to Cali."

That was two days ago. They were now in their hotel room in LA. Alex was bored waiting for Derek to return with food. He asked her to come with him but she declined. Not until their body guard landed she refused to go out.

She had just gotten off of FaceTime with the kids, Simone was busy and Rissa was all boo'd up. It was times like this she missed Star, but her pride and pettiness wouldn't allow her to call her best friend. She was serious this time Star was going to be held accountable for her actions. She always let her slide and when they fell out she would be the bigger person to fix it. Enough was enough they were too old and grown to be acting like that. But she still wasn't calling her first.

She was drifting off when she heard the front door to their suite shut. She sat up instantly, relaxing when she heard Derek's voice boom through the room. "FOOD!" She yelled running to meet him.

"Hungry ass." He chuckled watching her grab the bag from him.

"You were gone forever, I almost ordered room service."

"You know Roscoes is always packed."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the food baby." She stood on her tippy toes to kiss him.

"You're welcome." He smiled like a high school kid. Ever since that day she was slowly opening up more to affection again. It was baby steps but certain things were slowly removing themselves as triggers.

"You wanna watch Living Single?" She pulled out her laptop to pull up Hulu.

"What no Friends today?"

"No, I wanna watch Kyle and Max bicker back and forth."

"I'm down." The two got comfortable on the bed with the laptop screen sharing with the TV watching living single. They ate in comfortable silence until Derek broke it.

"You know Friends is the Gentrified version of Living single right?"

Alex's face fell. "So? And how I met your mother is the modern version of Friends. What's your point? It's television, that's what they do."

"I'm just saying. Living single is better."

"I know it is, but Friends is just as good. One is Black humor, and one is White Humor. You should like it because it caters to both sides in you."

"Touché." He mushed her head making her fall over.

"Punk!" She stuck her tongue out at him, climbing off the bed. He watched her take their trash out and returned with damp paper towel. "Here get that Syrup off your hands and face. You eat like your children."