Chapter 18

ARTHUR

Thea and I were leaving to her old house. Since the papers were done and we got the permission to run the home school, we decided to take a look at the house and started renovating it. I had never been to her old house. Well.. I had been outside the house, I once drove my mother there a few years ago, but I had never been inside it.

The trip there was silent. I noticed that Thea had been awfully quiet on our way to her old house. She didn't say much once I started driving. I remembered her telling me she had a panic attack once the last time she visited the house with my mother. She admitted, seeing the house after losing her parents still freaked her out. I knew it was hard for her to deal with it.

Getting enough of her silence, I put my hand on her right hand. "Hey, you okay?"

She looked at me and nodded. "I'm fine, just a bit nervous."

Sometimes I wanted to hug her and tell her that everything would be okay.

I squeezed her hand. "You will be okay, I'll be there with you the entire time."

She gave me a small smile. "Thank you."

Once we reached the house, we got off the car and went to the front gate. Thea froze on her spot as she looked up at the house. There were many emotions in her eyes, mostly filled with sadness.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Ready?"

She nodded, not breaking her gaze to the house. I watched her taking a deep breath and let it out. "Okay, I'm ready."

I unlocked the front door and opened the door widely. The first thing that caught my eyes was the family portrait of her and her parents hanging on the wall. Thea looked like she was way younger in the photo, probably taken a few years ago. Both her parents wrapped their arms around her securely, as if they were trying to protect her from anything. They smiled widely to the camera, they looked like the happiest family ever.

Thea was quiet beside me, she looked at the photo too but broke her gaze as she kept walking until we reached the main room inside the house.

"Okay, my guys will arrange the furniture. All you have to do is taking as many things as you want before we start making over this house." I decided to break the awful silence.

All she did was just nodded. I followed her to the first room on this floor, once she opened the door, I knew it was her parents' room.

"I think I should wait here, you go in and take everything you want, okay?" I told her, and again, she just nodded in response.

I let her in the room as I went around the house, waiting for her. I went to the living room where I saw a few trophies on the shelf, there were all belongs to Thea. She had got those trophies from winning a violin competition. 

I only found out that she can actually play violin. How surprising.

"I'm so going to take these to our house." I said to myself as I collected all the trophies and put them into the box that I carried. I also took a few photo frames of them, Thea would like to have them in our house so she could remember her parents.

Next, I found their family albums and my eyes caught the album that's written her name. Being curious, I sat on the sofa with the album in my hand. I opened the first page and looked at the baby photos of her. She looked so cute with her red tomato cheeks. I flipped through pages after pages and looked at her childhood photos, somehow it brought a familiar feeling when I looked at her photos. I started to remember more about my childhood with her, it got to the point where I felt like us got married was a destiny.