6. Unexpected Visitor

His pen was sprinting across the page, the most humiliating and rude words he could think to describe his villain, Ellic. He had been working on the next chapters, and ever since the encounter with Kyle, there was no turning back from his project.

All of them had noticed the malevolent look remaining with Draven's eyes as he walked to his office and slammed his door, staying barricaded until late hours of the night. He did not speak with anybody; every single of Hector's knocks were ignored, and when Hector shouted for about an hour how her as going to have Draven suspended again, he noticed a paper from underneath the door.

When he grabbed it, on it was written,

"For Hector,

Can you shut the fuck up?
I hate you.

Draven."

He tore the paper into pieces before twirling on his heels and storming onto the elevator in flames. Only the select three knew why this was happening, since Draven had told them about his encounter, but Rebecca and Melissa were livid that it only amplified his desire to write the project about Eric.

Although neither of them had spoken to Eric ever since he left, they had no bad blood against him, and Draven was on a better pedestal than that. They knew he had never really moved on from Eric leaving and not contacting him, but they had assumed he at least didn't have any hostility towards Eric.

It was clear that Kyle only made everything worse.

It was the fifth day, one more day until publication. The first four chapters had been reviewed and revised countless times, the cover page was made to perfection, the synopsis had been read over by the publication agent who approved of it, and it was ready to be published the next day. Draven was excited, reading over his copy of the comic chapters that were going to be published in the upcoming magazines, newspapers, online and in bookstores.

Hector was livid that all had been followed through, along with Rebecca and Miranda who refused to even glance at the cover theme. However, Draven exited his office with a bright smile on his face and clamped his hands together.

"As you all know, tomorrow will be the first day Losing Us Over Selfish You will hit the shelves. The first four chapters will be published and I hope to have about twelve chapters total by the end of this month. This is an ideal start and you all worked really hard. Which is why," Draven reached inside his office and returned with a bottle of champagne, "you all get a day off today!"

The editors exhaled long sighs, many of them having slept about three hours at night for the past five days, cautiously looking over every part of the packet he had given. He had been strict with this project, forcing many people to review their work numerous times since he did not like the edits, and some of them were forced to stay overnight.

They all felt relieved that it was over for the day, and they could all drink some champagne to ease the stress they felt these recent days. Trays with bottles of champagne and wine were carried on their floor, and everyone was handed a glass. Bottle caps began flying everywhere, cheering and editors chugging bits of bottles for amusement. Even Jason was moments from doing so but Rebecca grabbed the collar of his suit and pulled him back.

"We're Senior editors, remember?"

Draven approached the three of them, sipping on his glass of champagne, "Have I been forgiven yet or are the three of you going to keep pouting?"

"I was never mad," Jason laughed. "I'll do whatever you want me to do, boss."

"I guess it's only the ladies being difficult then."

"You're lucky I love you," Miranda grumbled, taking a sip of her dark red wine.

Rebecca rolled her eyes, "I'm still mad, but I hope this project sells well."

"Don't I deserve an apology?" They turned to find Hector approaching them with furrowed brows and a curled lip, irritated. "You shut me out of your world for five days, as if I mean nothing to you."

Draven was reluctant to do this, but he knew Hector would be annoying for weeks if he didn't. Which was why he forced a smile and said, "I'm sorry for being an asshole to you—"

"Draven," the secretary approached him in panic, her eyes widened. She seemed distraught, and he immediately placed his glass of champagne on a random desk, "I know you'll freak out since I am but—"

"What's going on?"

"Hey...guys..." his voice was soft, sounded uneasy but polite, and all them glanced over the secretary's shoulder. Eric, with his blond curls gelled backwards and in a brown suit, waved a hand, meeting all of their gazes before landing on Draven's blue ones.