57. Done With You

"You look refreshed," Eric winked, seeing Draven examining himself in the mirror as he tightened his suit and fixed his gelled hair. His navy eyes had never been brighter, and with one last look, he reached for his briefcase and headed for the bedroom door, where Eric waited. However, Eric noticed the uneasiness in Draven's face as he nibbled on the corner of his bottom lip. Instantly, he stopped him, "What's wrong?"

"I'm just..." he shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not sure about this."

Eric observed him for a moment; Draven had come a long way. Not only had he finished all four projects in a matter of a month, to which Eric edited them all, he had also lost four six pounds, which showed change in his built. His shoulders seemed broadened and he appeared much healthier and professional. Along with that, he had been sober ever since his last trip to the convenient store, and he was prepared to get his work back.

Eric had no doubt that Draven had put all his efforts into his baskets, and he was proud of the changes that came along with them. Hence why, he simply cocked his head and smiled, "I'm sure about this, so I can be sure for the both of us."

That caused Draven to grin, and he stepped around Eric, walking towards the door. They had not done any sexual acts ever since Eric returned in the picture; it had been strictly business even though both of them had been wanting to. Sexual frustration oftentimes caused them to bicker and argue, but it was always solved since Eric prevented fights with Draven, rather than antagonized them. They worked well together, and both were excited what they would be when Draven retrieved the pieces he had lost.

Unfortunately, not all pieces he had lost did he want returned to him.

When he pulled open the front door to leave and was taken by surprise by Kyle Merchi standing at his doorsteps, he needed to restrain himself from slamming the door in his face. His jaw tightened, and luckily, Eric was still a few steps behind.

"I'm in the car," Draven said before stepping outside and closing the door behind him. He then scowled at Kyle, "What are you doing here?"

Kyle frowned, glancing elsewhere for a moment before returning his eyes on Draven, "Not happy to see me?"

"Not at all."

He paused for a moment, before asking, "How have you been?"

"I'm better now." Draven's tone was cold, and when Kyle attempted to wrap his arms around him, Draven stepped backwards and avoided the contact.

He furrowed his brows, "Draven listen, I know we had our differences but—"

"Kyle, you really need to leave we can't have this conversation right now."

The alert in his eyes caused Kyle to finally realize Draven's attire. "You have somewhere to be?"

"Yes," Draven's jaw tightened, and he was hoping Eric would not burst through the door with Kyle still standing there. "You have to leave right now."

"Wait," Kyle tilted his head and noticed how Draven's face was tightened dramatically, as if he was afraid of something happening, "what are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything—"

"Oh the weather's nice to—" the door was pulled open, and Eric instantly stopped in his steps, glancing towards his ex-fiancé that stood quite close to Draven. Immediately, his eyes narrowed, but it was only when he noticed the widened and confused eyes of Draven, that his heart began to ease slightly.

Kyle glanced between the both of them repeatedly, before finally landing his eyes on Draven; the glare that narrowed Kyle's eyes caused Draven to furrow his brows.

"I thought you were done with him, Draven," Kyle spat.

Draven shook his head, "We figured out our issues."

"You told him to go kill himself—"

"I moved on from that," Eric spoke, stepping down from within the home and closing the door. He stood between Kyle and Draven, "I figured who the common denominator was that caused all these problems."

"And who was it?"

"You!" Eric exclaimed, gritting his teeth. "Rebecca did her scheme because of you, Draven became mean after hanging around you, and I was rude to Draven while being in a relationship with you." After a short pause, Eric said, "Draven would have never said those things if he hadn't been manipulated and instigated by you."

"What about the things you said to him?" Kyle snorted. "How you never loved him, you never d—"

"Stop whining," Eric rolled his eyes. "Anything between Draven and I no longer has anything to do with you; mind your business." He then faced Draven, "Are you ready to leave?"

"Yea," it was clear that this confrontation had raised Draven's nervousness, and Eric tightly gripped his wrist, pulling him down the porch and heading towards the vehicle.

Kyle was taken aback by their abrupt departure, that he sprinted after them, "You both can't exclude me like this—"

"We're done with you, Kyle," Eric screamed, turning around to face him. "You're out of the picture, I don't love you anymore, at all. I was fixated on the fact that you saved me and loved me that I was blind to how much you ruined me. And I hate you for it."

"I didn't come here for you, I came here for Draven."

Eric pulled Draven forward, "Draven, say what you have to say and we can be on our way." He crossed his arms with a menacing glare towards Kyle, glancing at him from behind Draven.

To which Draven smirked; he thought he had grown feelings for Kyle, but it was the ecstasy Kyle made his body feel that he was in love with. However, with Kyle in the picture, he not only had lost Eric, but his entire family that had worked with him for over a decade. Those were two aspects of his life that he had cherished for years, and two regions that he would never forgive Kyle for taking away from him.

And it had all started with Rebecca.

He chuckled condescendingly, before lifting his chin and hissed, "I don't ever want to see your disgusting face in front of me again."