44. Truth

It had been about two weeks since they last seen Eric. He had not made any appearance at any gatherings of parties. All he had done was send Draven a letter, to which he ripped before reading.

Hence why, one can understand the confusion of Kyle when he opened his appartement door and found Eric standing at the end of the hallway. Not only was he taken aback, but seeing all the suitcases and bags by the doorway also had an effect.

"Hey..." Eric mumbled awkwardly before stepping towards the bedroom and retrieving another bag. When he walked by Kyle, Kyle noticed all of them were filled with clothes.

Kyle felt his chest tighten, "What are you doing Eric?"

They faced one another, and Eric avoided his gaze for a moment. They had gone through hell and back, and Eric could no longer exist this way. He had been staying at a motel since he did not know anybody in this town, and he had enough of waiting for a reconciliation to happen. He took matters into his own hands, and that was why he was taken an immense break from all of this.

"I'm leaving," he sighed, not daring to eye Kyle.

There was no response, mere silence for a few seconds which drove Eric to lift his head to meet Kyle's gaze. Instantly, he stepped backwards when he saw the tightened jaw, the bulging eyes from the shock and contortion of his face, unable to control his anger.

"You're...leaving?" Eric inhaled a sharp breath, seeing Kyle's gritted teeth. When Kyle stepped forward, Eric flinched, taking a few backwards and almost knocking into his bags. "You're leaving me?"

"I'm not...leaving you per say," Eric sent fingers through his hair, "I just need a break. I need to find myself again, and it helped me last time I did. I won't be away for long—"

"You tried to kill yourself last time you left."

He bit his bottom lip, "I'm stronger now."

"I came here for us Eric," Kyle shouted, widening his arms. "I haven't seen you in weeks and this is what you come back to tell me?"

"You didn't look for me—"

"Because I was heartbroken Eric! Stop making yourself the god damn victim all the time!" Kyle slammed his fist against the wall, "My fiancé said he's in love with his ex, of course I'd be upset. But you wanting to leave, after I came here to build our empire and start our life together?"

Eric sighed, "I need to find myself again Kyle. I'm not happy here."

"What about fucking me Eric? You think I'm happy?!"

Eric kept quiet.

"I moved here for you, for us and I really believed you were my soulmate. I was worried about Draven being here and you convinced me that you did not love him anymore, that you loved me!" His lips began quivering, "You messed it all up by yourself! You spilt your drink on him on purpose! You had sex with him when I kicked you out. You went to the beach and told him you still loved him right after we made up those lies. The reason why you're unhappy is because of yourself, Eric!"

After a short pause, Kyle turned away towards the door.

"You're entitled, selfish. All you care about yourself," his eyes has grown teary. "You know what though? You should leave, go take care of yourself. Our engagement is off, you never loved me anyway."

"No, Kyle let me speak—"

"No no, don't touch me," Kyle spat.

"Kyle, I'm leaving to help my mind focus in the right direction so I can be with you—"

"Shut up!" Kyle growled, "Just shut up." He threw his slides on and scoffed at Eric, "Don't ever lie to me like that again."

"It's the truth."

"No it's fucking not. Because if it was, you'd stay with me, do everything in your power to make me love you again. Instead, you're worried that your head is gone." Kyle pulled open the door, "Well guess what, Eric? I'm not waiting for you to get your head straight. Oh and another thing; I've been fucking Draven."

And he slammed the door shut.