71. You Ditched Me

Kyle had climbed on stage, and Draven, although was shaking, kept his feet glued to his spot and inhaled a sharp breath. The muzzle of the gun was directly aimed at Draven's chest, and Kyle could end his life in an instant. The entire room had gone quiet, and the audience all remained hidden behind their seats, on the ground. The authorities had apparently been contacted, but they were unable to enter the building until they had a plan to safely evacuate all civilians as well as Draven.

It was evident Kyle had been crying; his eyes were red and puffy, and his bottom lip was quivering. He wiped his nose with the end of his sleeve and removed his hood, revealing the long burgundy hair with his brown roots beginning to prevail.

"Draven H. Malcom, long time no see partner."

Draven sighed, attempting to maintain his composure. He knew Hector was behind him, and his entire team was backstage; they were all in danger. Therefore, keeping Kyle calm was his main objective, "Long time no see."

"How long has it been? Seven or eight months?"

"About so, yes," Draven said quietly.

Kyle shrugged his shoulders, "It has been that long since you up and left me. Decided to be rude to me and ditched me—"

"You ditched me, Kyle," Draven interrupted, and flinched when the gun cocked sideways.

His teeth gritted and he hiss through them, "I ditched you? Have you gone mad?" He stomped his foot on the ground angrily, "I was there for you when none of them were. You used me on purpose, this was all part of your plan to get Eric back. I figured it out, Draven. You can't fool me any longer."

"That's not true," Draven shook his head, "I actually liked you, I became rude to you because of the alcohol, not because of Eric."

"Bullshit!"

"Draven," Hector whispered in a shaky breath very quietly, "just let him speak. Don't argue with him...please."

Draven inhaled a sharp breath and slowly nodded his head.

"Bullshit, you're lying to me!" Kyle exclaimed. "Right after I left, you went back to my fucking fiancé, that's right, mine!" Eric was too in shock to cry, staring at the screens backstage and feeling a sudden urge to protect Draven. When Miranda saw him begin to walk towards the entrance of the stage, she stopped him, tightly gripping his wrist. "You took all that was left of me and you acted like we were going to be together; that we would actually work!"

"Kyle," Draven lowered his arms, ignoring Hector hissing at him from behind him, "it was never meant to be us, you know that. We were both desperate for affection and we found each other but it wasn't meant to be you and I—"

"Then why the fuck did you make me feel that way?" Kyle shouted. "You stole Eric from me when I got here after we clearly told you he was engaged."

"And I'm sorry," Draven sighed, "I should have never done that."

Kyle remained quiet for a moment before whispering, "Then give him back."

"What?"

"Give him back, where is he?"

Draven nodded his head, "I'll make him come out if you put the gun down—"

"No!" he shot the ceiling, "Give him back now!" There were screams once again, and Hector gripped the back of Draven's suit.

"Okay," Draven's breathing grew heavy and he lifted his hands once again, "Alright, yes." He gulped, "Let me go get him, and I'll—"

"No, bring him out in ten seconds or else I'm blowing your manager's brains out," Kyle shouted.

"Eric, come out," Draven spoke in the mic.

It was a few seconds later that Eric emerged from behind the backstage curtains, and stepped onto the stage. He stepped around Draven and Hector, meeting Draven's gaze for a moment and sending a small smile before facing Kyle.

Draven noticed that Eric's fingers were trembling and there was dripping sweat at the back of his neck. Instantly, that caused Draven to make a subtle movement, to which Kyle flinched, and Hector instantly threw himself on the floor when he heard the gun being cocked.

"Relax," Draven exclaimed after he was finished; he was now standing between the gun and Eric, staring at Kyle, "I'm scared you'll shoot him. He's staying behind me until you put the gun down."

"Draven, no..." Eric breathed quietly, his voice quivering but Draven stepped in front of his path. "I'll be fine."

"We don't know that, and I rather him shoot me than you so, either put the gun down or we're talking like this."