49. I Quit (I)

"You two started sleeping together?"

Draven glanced towards Kyle; it had been a few weeks ever since Eric's confrontation, and nothing had changed between them. Not only were they still not exactly friends, but they had sex almost everyday to the point that they would hang-out together sometimes to wait for the other to be ready to leave, and head to a location to have sex.

And ever since the confrontation, Draven had been ignored by his senior employees, and even Hector had only one word answers for him without fully engaging into a conversation. The only reason he had to speak with Hector is because Hector would leave notes on his desk instead of telling him his orders, and Draven did not understand a few of them. Other than that, nobody had really spoken to him which shocked him how lonely it became.

Miranda walked around him without even glancing, the secretary passed documents underneath his door instead of coming in, Jason always said he was busy when Draven approached him, and Hector simply avoided him all-together. That unintentionally caused him to lean towards Kyle, who started entering the building and walking by all of them, sitting with Draven in the office until he finished working.

This was one of these days, but it had been odd when all his senior employees burst into his office, along with the secretary and Hector.

They closed the door behind them, and Kyle stopped chewing on his snacks, glancing towards Draven who did not seem frantic at all.

"Yes," Draven leaned back in his seat and nodded his head, eyeing Miranda, "we started having sex and became sex buddies—"

"How did this happen?" the secretary's cold tone caused goosebumps on Kyle's arms.

He shrugged his shoulders, "We ended up fighting at a party, and then we had sex. We both liked it so it became a reoccurring thing."

"But we're not friends," Kyle interjected.

Draven agreed, "Yes, we're far from friends."

"Never will be friends either."

That caused Draven to quickly face him, furrowing his brows, "Yea, we're just different people."

Kyle began chewing on his snacks, "Not my type honestly."

"You're not my type either."

"Well then why are you having sex with me?" Kyle spat, and Draven noticed his jaw had tightened.

Draven raised his eyebrows, "I just repeated what you s—"

"This doesn't matter right now!" Miranda screamed, seeing both of them scoff at each other before turning elsewhere. In order to regain both their attentions, she slammed her palm against his desk, "Hey!"

"Yes!" Draven jumped in his seat, seeing the flames in Miranda's eyes, her face replicating a ferocious lioness with sharp teeth. The way her face contorted by every second was enough to cause Draven's lips to clamp shut.

"You're risking the entire company's reputation by meddling with the enemy!"

"Enemy?" Kyle furrowed his brows and crumbled his bag of snacks, "I'm no enemy of Draven's."

"It sure seemed that way when you called him an abuser on national television," Jason retorted, which caused Kyle's eyes to widen.

He had been leaning at the side of the window, and instantly pushed himself to stand, throwing the empty bag of snacks in the garbage can beside Draven's desk. Instantly when Draven noticed his shoulders broaden, he reached for Kyle's wrist, "Where are you—"

"Get off from me," Kyle hissed in a low growl, ripping his hand from Draven's reach and continued to step forward towards Jason. "Who the hell do you minions think you're talking to?"

"They're my employees, Kyle." Draven said standing and placing himself between them and Kyle, pressing a palm on his chest, "They're just looking out for me."

Kyle's face had completed tightened, his teeth nearly breaking from how hard he was grinding them, "Well then tell them not to insult me."

"We didn't you insult you," Hector chuckled condescendingly, "we just reminded you of the shit that you did."

"Right, are we supposed to forget that just happened?" The secretary included her own say, "Draven was depressed for weeks after you started that rumour. Draven," she turned to him, "how could you forget all he did so easily?"

Draven inhaled a sharp breath, meeting Sophie's gaze. The only reason his calm returned was because Sophie genuinely appeared hurt, her eyes becoming teary as she tilted her head to the side.

"He almost destroyed you, Draven," she added quietly.

He paused for a moment, "I-I know..."

"You almost destroyed me as well, so why does it matter—"

"How about you shut the hell up for once!" It was sudden, and unpredicted, but Sophie stepped towards him, broadening her own shoulders and glaring in his direction. She had enough of Kyle meddling into their lives and causing tensions between them; he had gotten her fired and even worse, stole one of their best friends, Rebecca. He had used Rebecca and threw her onto the side when he was done, and now he was using Draven for sex and Draven, oddly enough, failed to recognize that. "Before you got here with your stupid little fiancé, we were all fine. But your jealously and your arrogance started causing all of us to crumble!"

Kyle smirked, "That means your bond wasn't strong enough in the first place—"

"I said shut up!" she shouted, raising her finger towards him. "You have a disgusting ego and that's going to bring you nowhere in life. I'm glad Eric is done with you and cheated on you so easily; I hope it made you realize how much you mean nothing to anybody."

Although it had stung Kyle, he maintained his smile and said, "You're just mad because Draven will never love you."

Sophie was taken aback, a blank stare in her eyes as she turned towards Draven. But that was not the end of it, since Kyle continued, "Ya, I heard all about it. You two occasionally have sex and you always confess your love for him, to which he's been curving you for like a decade now."

"You told him all that, Draven?"

Kyle snickered, "Of course he did. Let me ask you this though," he leaned forward, "if my disgusting ego brought me to a guy like Draven, what does that say about you since you were never able to get him?"

Sophie saw completely red. It was as if her mind had suddenly gone blank, and all she wanted to do was attack Kyle for saying these things. She leaned forward and swung her palm towards him, however Draven had been rapid enough and caught her hit with his hand.

"Sophie," he gripped her jaw, "calm down."

"No!" she burst into sobs, pushing herself away from Draven and Hector caught her in his arms. All the while, Kyle laughed hysterically behind Draven. "No! I'm done, I don't deserve this. I can't do this any longer; I quit."

"Sophie—"

"No," she began wiping her tears in attempt to regain her composure as she reached for the door, "I've always been there for you; I stayed at your house when you were depressed, I let you cry in my lap for weeks. I had your back for over ten years, and the moment you start sleeping with this guy, that's how you portray me? As some lonely nobody that is in love with you?"

"Sophie, that's not...I was venting and...please just...Sophie don't le—"

She ripped her badge from her chest and threw it at him, "I'm over this, I don't deserve this," and she exited the office before Draven could call after her.

Kyle snorted from behind, "Bummer."