62. Leave My Building

Draven gripped the flowers tightly in his palms and lifted his head, eyeing the company building written, "Adelina Malcom's Co." His teeth gritted, but he promised to withhold all the resentment he felt until after his purpose had been done.

The only reason he was there because of the discussion he had with Miranda, Jason, Hector and Eric the other night.

"Where's Sophie," Eric had asked.

Instantly, all their faces filled with wrinkled uneasiness as the glanced towards one another, as if deciding which one was supposed to announce the heartbreaking news. It was until all their eyes set on Hector, that the decision was made.

Hector had scratched the side of his face and that was when Draven had realized he was sweating. "I went to see Sophie after you came to see the Chancellor. She has a new job, works for a new company, and you're not going to like hearing which one."

Draven's brows instantly furrowed, "Just tell me."

He sighed, lowering his gaze and in a shaky breath, said, "Adelina Malcom's Company."

Miranda noticed Draven's fingers tense around his wine glass, and grew worried since it appeared as if it would shatter in an instant.

His entire face darkened, and he growled, "She would never do that to me, she knows what Adelina has put me through."

Hector tilted his head, "I'm sorry Draven. When I went inside, she had already gotten the highest paying secretary position which was working specifically for Adelina. I think Adelina did it on purpose since she knew how hard it would hurt you when you found out."

Draven's head lowered, a glare directly at the floor.

Hector continued, "I went inside to speak with her, and even though she wasn't happy to see me, she let me speak with her for a few minutes outside the building."

"What did she say?" he had been eager to hear the rest.

However, front he gloom on Hector's face, he should have known it was not anything good. "She despises you, refrains anyone from even speaking your name. She was on the verge of tears when I said it by accident. I've never seen anyone as visibly distraught and hurt. She's trying to forget all about working with you, and so deleted every single photo she had of you, and even moved away to a further appartement than Waterfalls Agency. You broke her, Draven. You really did and I feel sorry for her. I don't know if she'll ever come back, but you at least need to apologize."

You at least need to apologize.

And that was what he was here to do.

He stormed inside the company building, and immediately when they noticed it was Draven H. Malcom, squeals and ushers began across the lobby. He knew which floor was Adelina's, and he knew how to reach her office. Adelina owner a furniture company, hence why it was not as heavily guarded and detailed as the Waterfalls Agency. However, it was still a hassle since the elevator was located at the very back of the floor and her office was on the sixth floor.

Nonetheless, since the architecture was simple and he had been there numerous times, Draven arrived onto the floor in no time. It was the first time that he was not here to find Adelina's office, and instead the desk in front of her office, where he knew the main secretary of the floor was located.

Unfortunately, before he even had the chance to turn the corner and see Sophie, Adelina appeared from around the corner with her eyes instantly narrowed. "Unless those flowers are for me, I want you out of this building."

"Adelina," he forced a smile and a strained laughter escaped his lips, "how are you—"

"Your precious secretary is now mine, and we haven't spoken in months. Either leave my building or I'm calling the cops for trespassing. We're divorced, remember?"

Draven's face immediately fell, "You know Sophie's mine, she's only worked for me."

"Well you should have cherished her when you did have her. But she's amazing," Adelina smiled condescendingly, "she has everything planned out before I know they're even happening. Clients directly contact her and she knows what to say—she even makes certain I have my Venti Latte at my desk every morning! Isn't that swell?"

This encounter only made him realize why he had divorced her. "Give her back to me—"

"I'm supposed to fire her? For no reason? For who? You?" she waved a hand dismissively, "Leave my building babe, I don't have time. Unless you're here to confess your undying love for me, I really don't have time."

"Ms. Malcom," an employee rushed to her side, "I dialed for the cops. Am I really supposed to call?"

Adelina smirked and her eyes turned to Draven, "I don't know, is she supposed to, Draven?"

Draven had no energy to fight, and with the flowers in his grip, he returned to the elevator and pressed the lobby. When he exited the building, he glanced at the doors one last time before beginning to walk towards his vehicle. However, as soon as he started walking, he realized that a woman had stopped on her steps and was staring at him.

And she whispered, "Draven..."