60. It's...

"Breaking News: Draven H. Malcom crying on video. He was questioned about the outcome of his team, and began crying as he mentions the name of people he wanted to win back into his life."

The entire recording of Draven's speech played, and Eric had watched it over and over again. Every single news station played the video, and began spreading on social media, going viral that even the Chancellor had seen the video.

"It appears Draven H. Malcom losing his team has affected him deeply, and has not released any new chapters for two months now. His recent dismissal from Waterfalls Agency, where his success began, had a huge impact on the lack of new chapters he had been able to produce. We hope to get more information very soon—"

The television became pitch black, and when Eric turned, he noticed Draven with the remote, and a bowl of cereal in his hand.

"Why do you keep watching that?"

"I don't know," Eric tilted his head, observing Draven sit down on the other sofa and cross his legs, his spoon twirling in the milk before taking another scoop. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm not good, but it'll pass eventually."

A short grin pulled Eric's lips, "It doesn't mean we stop fighting. We continue the same routine, and figure out how to get the Chancellor to like you again."

Draven felt his stomach begin to warm and he faced Eric, "I'm thankful for you, I hope you know that."

"Not yet, we have to plan how we'll tame the beast, the Chancellor. He's the villain of the story."

That made Draven burst into laughter, "You're right."

"Maybe if we get your entire team back, and have them vouch for you, he'll listen."

"I have to do something for him though, since he was hurt."

"You have to apologize, obviously. He even said that he wants you back but you broke his trust; we have to prove to him that you are trustworthy."

Draven rapidly nodded his head, "Should I start new projects then?"

Eric frowned, "Yes, we should have projects lined up and ready for when the team is entirely back together, you have stuff to give them that needs revision and editing. We can start from there."

"Okay and—" the bell rang, and both of them glanced at one another before eyeing the hallway. "You invited anyone?"

"Most likely Kyle," Eric replied with a glare, "don't open it if it's him." Draven stepped towards the door and glanced through the peephole, and Eric panicked when he heard Draven gasp. "Who is it?"

"It's..." his bottom lip trembled, and although Eric had told him to stop crying, Draven could not withhold the tears from engulfing his eyes. He reached for the doorknob and slowly pulled it open, receiving grins that he never thought he would see before.

"Hey Draven," Jason smiled, "long time no see."

"Yea, it's been a while," Miranda chuckled.

There was a pause, Draven not moving and had tears leaking from his eyes. Miranda took the initiative and wrapped her arms around her for an embrace, and his arm slowly reached around her waist and tightly squeezed her, unable to believe it was her. He had never imagined in a million years that they would ever approach him again, and as he heard Jason sigh and say, "Guess I should join in too," he lowered his eyes onto her shoulder and sobbed quietly.