38. At Peace

"Hey guys—"

"Draven!" Miranda beamed, lunging onto him and wrapping her arms over his shoulder.

He had returned to work after a week, and all of them had been worried. However, his entire face seemed to be at peace with himself, and he returned the embrace, tightening his grip around her. Hector, Sophie and Jason approached him, each giving their own handshake or hug as well, and he noticed how all the editors' eyes gleamed as they stared at him.

He had been missed, and seeing him back into the office for some more work was enough to brighten all their days. He set down his briefcase, Sophie immediately grabbing it and placing it into his office, and Draven stared at his staff in silence before a smile pulled the end of his lips.

"You know, I've been through a lot," he nodded his head, his head replaying the memories from last week. He had not spoken to Eric since, although Eric had attempted to contact him a few times. Neither had he heard of Kyle saying anything in the press, and he felt at ease. "I haven't been the best boss this year, and I know I'm not very reliant since I missed a bunch of days, but..." his eyes began glinting and he blinked to cover the tears, "you guys are all here. And that's what keeps me going, so I just want to thank you. You guys can all go home today if you'd like."

When nobody stood to their feet, Jason was the one to speak, "We're all here to work, Draven. We care about you and your future; let us do that."

"Ya," Sophie patted his shoulder, "we're always there for you, alright buddy?"

"I may be a bitch but I have a lot of love for you," Miranda grinned.

Hector folded his arms, "You're not alone through this—you deserve the world and you'll get it."

Draven glanced at every single one of his employees. It was one of these moments where he realized how blessed he was to have editors as loyal as he had. They had his back throughout all the back-and-forth in the media, even through the allegations they still believed in him.

That settled a peace inside of him, and a long smile pulled his lips, "Okay."