18. Leaving Love

"You'll leave," Draven whimpered, seated on his bed as he stared at Eric putting on one pair of Draven's boxers and shirt. "You'll leave like you did last time."

They had arrived home, and it was only when they stepped inside that they both realized how drunk they truly were. Neither of them could walk straight, each stumbling and attempting to catch one another when that happened, only to both fall onto the ground in laughter. When Draven offered the spare bedroom, Eric refused to sleep by himself and headed for Draven's bedroom.

He knew where everything was, and started finding Draven's clothes he wanted to wear. Draven enjoyed watching him walk around his room, searching through his closet and dresser, and pulling the shirt he wanted to wear.

"I'm not going to leave."

"Yes, you will. You'll wake up in the morning and realize you made a mistake."

Eric shook his head, "No I won't."

"What are you going to do about Kyle then?"

Eric paused for a moment, remaining silent as he pushed the shirt down to his waist. He soon replied, "I don't know yet."

Draven's face twisted in sorrow, "Don't give me hope like this."

"I don't know yet Draven."

"You said you loved me."

"I can't just erase two years of my life I spent with Kyle, can I?"

"Then why have sex with me?" Draven said quietly.

Eric shrugged his shoulders, "I...can't stop loving you."

"You cheated on Kyle, you know that, right?"

"Can we just enjoy the moment we have together?" Eric sighed, stepping towards Draven who wrapped an around his thighs and leaned his forehead against Eric's stomach. Eric kissed the top of Draven's head, "I don't know what I'm going to do, alright? I can't promise something I don't know."

Draven was hurting, not wanting to wake in the morning and find Eric return to Kyle Merchi. He hated being vulnerable to him, that no man he met was even comparable to Eric. However, there was nothing he could do, and he simply nodded his head, "Okay."

Most of the night, Draven only stared at Eric in his arms. He watched his chest rise and fall from his soft snores, and the manner his eyes moved under their sockets while he slept. His fingers followed every single of Eric's grooves, softly touching his neck, his cheeks, even behind his ear.

And Eric knew Draven was staring at him, whispering a few times, "Stop looking at me."

"I can't help it," he always replied quietly, leaning forward and placing a peck on Eric's forehead.

He watched Eric lethargically push his blond curls from his face, and as Eric attempted to shuffle to his other side, Draven reached around his waist and pulled him against his chest.

Eric chuckled, "Are you going to let me sleep anytime soon?"

"I'm sorry," Draven cooed, placing a kiss on the back of Eric's neck, "goodnight."

It was near dawn, but eventually, they both fell asleep in each others' arms.

And Draven had been right; when he woke up, Eric was gone. The pair of boxers and shirt he had borrowed were on the floor, and he found a note on his bedside table that said, "I'm sorry Draven."