19. Fight

"Just love me endlessly like you always have, that's what he said. Then he left again," Draven sighed, raising his glass to the ends of his lips, "and I knew he would."

Miranda's nails tapped on her own glass, before replying, "He didn't leave. You knew he couldn't be with you, Draven. You're just hurting yourself at this point."

"Then why did he say he loved me—"

"He was drunk," Miranda was blunt, as sharp as a knife, "he was heartbroken from Kyle and he needed comfort."

However, Draven shook his head, "There's more to it than that."

"There could be, but realistically, it's not your spot to care anymore. Either you move on or you wait, but regardless on your feelings for Eric, Kyle didn't deserve that. Eric is happy with him, and that's what you wanted right? For Eric to be happy?"

Before Draven could respond, his door brusquely opened and his manager stormed inside. "You have to see this Draven."

The moment he stepped out of his office, all their editors had their eyes on the television. It was exactly as he had predicted; the body camera footage of the police officer had been aired, had gone viral, and now was being covered by a news station. They even had the video playing in the news report, seeing Draven's drunken eyes reply to the police officer's questions and Eric wave his hand ecstatically.

They even aired the part where Draven says, look officer, sorry we were...making out.

All of them were in pure shock, allegations of an affair being rumoured, and Draven was speechless, unsure what to say nor do when the news reportage ended. Everyone had seen their interaction, and that meant Kyle must have seen it as well.

Hector approached Draven, his eyes narrowed, "What is the matter with you? You can't keep bringing press attention to you like this."

"He obviously didn't mean to," Rebecca snapped, defending Draven whose eyes were glued to the screen playing a random commercial. It was clear he was engulfed in his thoughts, and Rebecca stepped towards him comforting, "Do you want us to do anything from now?"

Draven shook his head, "Not really, just make sure everyone follows along with their work—"

"Draven," Miranda tugged on his suit and pointed to the elevator. It was not a familiar person that stepped on their floor, and when the dark brown menacing eyes turned and met Draven's gaze.

Kyle was visibly enraged, grumbling insults under his breath. The instance he spotted Draven, he broadened his shoulders and began stomping his feet towards him, "You know why I'm here D."

"Sorry," Jason stepped in front of his path, causing Kyle to stop for a moment and stare down at him, "you can only meet with him through appointment."

"Get the hell out of my way," Kyle growled, shoving Jason aside. Jason was projected onto desks, and he slammed his hip into one of them.

The entire floor stood to their feet in shock, startled by the altercation occurring. "Did he just push Jason?"

"Should we call security?"

"Hey!" Miranda was the next to block Kyle, "Calm down! You can't waltz in here and push everyone around—"

"Can you shut up?" he shouted, shaking his head irritatedly before turning his eyes back to Draven, "I came here for him."

"Are you out of your mind?" Rebecca exclaimed.

"Fine," Draven finally spoke, which caused everyone to turn to him. "We'll talk in my office."

"Alone," Kyle hissed as he glanced towards Rebecca, Miranda and Jason, "without all you minions."

"Why you—"

"Just hurry in please," Draven waved for him to follow, and Kyle stepped around them, behind Draven as they entered into his office.

Kyle did not miss a beat, the minute the door closed behind him, he said, "Where is he?"

"Where's who?"

"Eric, where are you hiding him?" Kyle's teeth were gritted.

Draven furrowed his brows, "I don't know where he is—what are you talking about—?"

"Don't fucking bullshit me Draven!" he screamed, and he shoved all the papers on the desk onto the ground. "Where the hell is he?"

"I have no idea!" Draven retorted, shrugging his shoulders. "He left early morning before I woke up!"

"So he stayed the night at your place, is that what you're telling me?"

Draven nodded his head, "Yes—"

"You guys had sex?"

"Yes, we did."

Kyle's entire face was moments from bursting into flames, the blood boiling through his veins with such venom. Draven even thought he would melt from Kyle's stare, and the way Kyle's fists tightened was not a good sign. The atmosphere in the room, although already tense, was terribly thick that it made it difficult for either of them to breathe.

It was Kyle that broke the silence next, "You made him cheat on me, you son of a bitch."

Draven raised an eyebrow, "I didn't make him do anything, he came to see me all by himself after you kicked him out."

"Because of you!" Kyle shrieked, "All of this is all your fault! And I was upset with him but it's all you, and your manipulation tricks."

"Manipulation tricks?"

"Yes. You wrote that comic on purpose; you knew it would cause Eric to react and bring attention to the both of you."

"That's not why I wrote it—"

"And now when he finally came to you, knowing he eventually would, you had sex with him."

"He initiated it!"

"As a man and an adult, knowing that he has a fiancé that he is happy with, you should have backed off, maybe even called me to pick him up."

Draven's arms widened, "We were both drunk. I didn't do it to deliberately hurt you, it was in the moment. The man I've been waiting for was at my feet, what else do you expect me to do?"

"Respect him enough to return him to his fiancé!" Kyle exclaimed, stepping towards Draven, "Not have sex with him and make him cheat!"

Draven shook his head, "You're complaining to the wrong person, Kyle. If Eric was to come back to me," he leaned over the desk, "I'd have sex with him again. And I wouldn't even hesitate."

Kyle leaped over the desk, gripped Draven by his collar and slammed him against the wall. He was like a wolf who had finally found his prey, his teeth grinding against one another and he growled, "You're lucky I don't smash your face against this wall."

"Get off from me," Draven snapped, his hands pushing against Kyle's chest and causing him to stumble backwards against his desk.

The commotion had caused many to rush inside the office, and Jason and Hector were the first to lunge forward at Draven's aid, restraining Kyle backwards, who was difficult to hold back.

"You think you can storm onto my floor and threaten me in my own office?" Draven enticed, rolling his sleeves. "Jason, Hector, let him go."

"We're not letting you guys fight," Jason refused.

Hector agreed, "There's no point in fighting. I already called security."

"You're never going to see Eric again! I promise you that!" Kyle shouted in rage. Then, his attention turned to the two holding him, and he stopped resisting, "Get off from me, I'm leaving anyway."

"You'll never be able to stop him from coming to see me."

"Trust me," Kyle faced him one last time, "I will."