12. Found the Leak

Rebecca was going to put an end to this. It was easy finding people's workplaces online, and when she found out at which company Kyle Merchi worked at, she was determined to bring back the name of the traitor from Draven's team. Hopefully it would bring enough peace for Draven to return to how he used to be, and not some grumpy rude boss.

Kyle Merchi worked at GVY Co., and since it had multiple branches of buildings, he worked at the GVY studio. That was usually where he cooperated with the directors and producers of television shows with his script, and after pitching ideas, they usually asked him to go over the script with him and get more basis of the storyline.

Rebecca stomped her way inside the studio building, and when the secretary did not recognize, she was immediately pointed out. "Excuse me? You don't seem familiar—do you have a pass?"

"No, I have an appointment with Kyle Merchi," she lied, hoping the lady would allow her in. She seemed grouchy, and Rebecca tilted her head with a bright appealing smile, hoping the lady would be nicer to her if she had good energy.

Which did not make a difference, since the lady simply called Kyle Merchi's office. Confusion contorted her face as Kyle declined having an appointment, and Rebecca leaned over the counter, whispering, "Tell him I have news on Draven."

The secretary responded with her statement, and immediately, Kyle replied, "Send her up." Rebecca was followed in the elevator by a security guard, and was lead to Kyle's office. Once she arrived, the security guard did not leave, watched her knock on his door and waited until he shouted, "It's open."

She rushed inside, the suspicious eyes of the security guard frightening her, and she closed the door. When she faced Kyle, his eyes were alerted, his arms were folded and he did not seem friendly. He was seated at the edge of his desk, his legs crossed by his calves and he immediately asked, "You don't have news on Draven, do you?"

"Not exactly."

"You were at the awards event, I noticed you standing with Draven."

Rebecca slowly nodded her head, "I'm one of his editors—"

"I'm giving you thirty seconds. If what you have to say isn't good enough, then I'm calling security."

Although she wanted to curse at him for his disrespect, but she maintained her composure and said, "I need to know who leaked the comic chapters."

Kyle was surprised, raising his eyebrows before asking smugly, "Why should I tell you?"

"He'll fire everyone if you don't."

"The cause of his own downfall," Kyle shrugged his shoulders, "I should come to aid for what reason exactly?"

Rebecca sighed impatiently, "It's not to help, it's a fact we deserve to know."

"I deserve to have nobody pursue my fiancé while knowing he's with me, but I guess we don't all get what we want."

"If Draven was pursuing Eric, he would be much bolder than to write a damn revengeful comic book, don't be full of  yourself." Rebecca leaned on one hip, noticing Kyle's eyes widen, "Besides, you two are happy so what does it matter? You worried he'll leave you?"

"You're not helping your case, sweetie."

Rebecca gasped, but forced her eyes closed and remembered to remain calm, "I'll let that one slide. Look, I only came here for one reason. Whatever battle you have with Draven has nothing to do with me—I don't want to lose my job."

"Fine then, I'll tell you who it was."

"Thank you—"

"But you'll have to do something for me." Rebecca shrugged her shoulders and waited, biting her bottom lip intently. Then Kyle leaned back in his seat and smirked, "It was Sophie."

-&-

Draven had taken four days off, and although he had not completely gotten rid of his gloomy side, hearing that the first four chapters of the comic were doing very well, was awesome to hear. They had reached more sells than his previous novel in the span of a week, and he was excited to write more of it. At first, it was a revenge project against Eric, but now he simply wanted to write for the fans' amusement.

When he reached the building for the first time in four days, he was not surprised to find the editors eagerly waiting at their desks for him. The moment he stepped inside, shouts of congratulations cheered across the floor as they clapped, showing the selling numbers of his comic.

It lifted his mood, and he waved his hand, thanking all of them as he made his way to the front of the floor. Miranda, Rebecca, Jason and Hector were present, and he made certain to ignore Hector as he walked by him. Then, he threw his briefcase on the desk, placed his palm on his hips and said, "Thank you for that, really made my day." He then clamped his hands together, "So! How are my other projects coming along? Jill, have you worked on Conqueror's Achievements?"

"Yes, I altered the designs and will have the new copy printed by this evening."

"Perfect. Kevin, how's Diamond coming along?"

Kevin waved his hand, "Almost done with the editing!"

"I need that by tomorrow night Kev."

"I know boss, you can count on me."

"Thank you for that," he smiled, then his eyes continued across the room, asking other editors about his other projects. Everything seemed to be following along smoothly, and that was his cue to head for his office and take care of all the documents he missed through those four days.

Once he passed the secretary, who winked at him, he winked back and entered his office. However, before he closed the door he said, "If you have any documents for me to sign, my door's going to be unlocked, so just come in."

She nodded her head, "Will do."

Draven entered his office, and immediately reached for his glass cabinet and his bottle of whiskey. Rebecca had told him who had done it, and it had not yet been disgusted by his stomach. He still had difficult believing it, but all he wanted to focus on at the moment was writing, until the right moment to confront Sophie came along.

He finished his first glass of whiskey, pushed the glasses up the bridge of his nose, pulled his pen from his cabinet and started writing. He was interrupted a few times by editors, until his secretary came in urgently, asking him to sign documents that she immediately needed to fax over to a different company.

Draven pulled the glasses from his nose, "What is this for?"

"It's for our lawyers, in case you get sued for your new comic. It's not exactly legal to use real life situations without consent from others involved."

He laughed, "I guess you're right." Without reluctance, his pen scribbled across the signature line and his secretary smiled.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome, Sophie."

The secretary to halted in her steps; Draven never called her by her first name. It was always my secretary, or a thank you without nothing following. But today, he called her by her name.