63. Let Me Live My Life

She had dyed her hair completely black, had a nose piercing in her left nostril and had hoops for earring, which she never used to wear. She was holding two cups of coffee in her hand, and was wearing a long coat that reached her knees. And Draven could not pull his eyes away from.

"Sophie."

Instantly, he noticed her eyes grow teary, and she lowered her face and attempted to step around him. She had gone on a coffee break, but had never imagined she would return to find Draven walking towards their lot. She had not even paid attention to his car parked at the first parking spot in the lot.

"Sophie, please wait!" he begged, reaching for her shoulder. When he noticed her entire body freeze, he instantly pulled away, noticing her shoulders begin to tremble. However, she had stopped in her steps, and slowly turned to face him.

The rage and hatred in her eyes was a sight he never thought he would see from Sophie, and she was already crying, tears slowly leaking from her eyes. It pained him to see her this way, and all he wanted to do was hug her.

After a short pause, he bit his bottom lip and said, "I brought you...flowers..."

Immediately, one of her eyebrows raised as she eyed the flowers in disgust. "What am I supposed to do with these flowers?"

"Look, Sophie, I fucked up," Draven began, lowering the flowers to his side and noticing her bottom lip begin to quiver. "I never meant to hurt you this way, Soph. I know it's not the way you want it to be but I do love you—"

"No, not again. I can't hear these words again," she mumbled before attempting to turn away.

He gripped her shoulder and pulled her backwards, "Just tell me what you want then Sophie! I miss you, you know I do. I can't stand not having you even as a friend, and when I say I love you, I mean it. From everyone, you know you mean the most to me!"

"If I meant anything to you, you wouldn't have done that to me. You ridiculed me in front of someone you just met, and when I left, you didn't even run after me," she spat. "You allowed someone that has caused countless fights in the office, to condescend on me and make what I've been through with you, mean nothing."

"Sophie—"

"Yes, every time we have sex, I get attached to you and realize how much I love you. I love you so much Draven to the point that it hurts, so bad. I thought I could live with just being your secretary and setting my feelings aside, but Kyle made me realize what you think of me. Just another whore who's in love with you and you have to start avoiding when they grow feelings for you."

Draven rapidly shook his head, "That's not true."

"He manipulated you and had me fired, and that didn't stop you from meddling with him. You mocked the love I have for you, and that's something I can never forgive, Draven. I was there for you endlessly, from before you even had this fucking empire, through your marriage with Adelina, through Eric, through the countless depression episodes you went through—I can name so many things that I was there for you for!"

Her teeth gritted and the veins started showing on her neck, "But this one time someone insults me, makes fun of what I've been through with you, you allow them to embarrass me, belittle me, as if I never meant anything to you!"

He thought his heart had stopped from how tight his chest felt.

"So no, I don't care about whatever family you think you're bringing back together, because clearly I was never apart of it." She inhaled a sharp breath, wiping her tears with the end of her sleeves, "Don't touch me again."

"Hector said you're trying to forget about me, that you moved away from your house and that you don't let my name to be said," he shouted, tightly holding the flowers as she walked towards the entrance. "Then why Adelina? I know it wasn't to hurt me because there's not a hateful bone in your body that would let you do that, I know you Sophie. Why her of all people—?" Sophie snorted, bursting into laughter before slowly settling into chuckles and stopping in her steps. For a moment, Draven noticed hesitation, and he stepped forward, "Why her?"

"I guess I never really wanted to forget about you," she shrugged her shoulders. She then rapidly shook her head, "Please, don't show up here again. Let me live my life, I'm okay again and I don't want it to get ruined."

"Sophie, please—!"

"Goodbye Draven," and she entered the building, the glassed doors closing behind her.