34. My Name

"Don't you think you're being pretty mean to him?" Draven asked in the vehicle, glancing towards Jason who was driving before turning his eyes back onto the road. Both of them had their cups of coffees, needing to be fully awake for the event that was moments from occurring.

Jason snorted, "With the way he hurt you? He's lucky I didn't pound his face in myself."

"It obviously was influenced by Kyle though—"

"Then why were you never influenced by someone?"

"I have said some mean things about him in the media."

"This ruined your reputation though, you're lucky your career hasn't crumbled yet." Jason finally parked in the coffee shop parking lot, and turned off the motor. "Where's the recording device?"

"Yea," Draven reached inside his pocket, and handed the small device to Jason, who turned it on. "Is it working?"

Draven placed his end into his ear, and asked Jason to speak again. When he heard Jason's loud voice inside the earphone, he nodded his head. They had a plan in action, and if this worked, then he would need to thank his team immensely.

Jason entered the coffee shop, slipping his hand in the front pockets of his dress pants. He had a suit over his shoulders, and his hair was sleeked backwards. It had been hard to cover his sleepless nights with makeup, but he did notice a few eyes turn when he entered.

However, when his eyes spotted the golden ones that had caused his cheeks to flare red a few times prior, he felt his breath fall stuck in his throat. This time, there was no blushing, but there was a bitter taste in his mouth.

Rebecca motioned for him; she appeared in a panic, bit of fear as well as she glanced around as Eric stepped towards her. It was a local coffee shop not many people went to, and they knew they could have some privacy there. Hence why, when he reached the booth in the back corner, he needed to exhale a few sharp breaths to prepare himself for this conversation.

He cleared his throat when he sat down, "Morning."

Rebecca smiled weakly, noticing the tension in Jason's movements. "Can I offer you something?" she asked politely.

He immediately shook his head, "I'm alright, thank you."

She slowly nodded her head, taking a sip of her own before setting her cup aside and interlacing her fingers. He was avoiding staring into her eyes, which she was noticing, and it was making her feel awful.

"I just want to know," Jason started, Rebecca already hearing the hurt in his tone. His voice shrivelled the moment he began speaking, and he paused for a moment before continuing again, "did you...ever love me?"

Her head tilted sadly, "Jay, I did."

"But you cheated on me?"

"I knew Kyle Merchi long ago, and when he came back in time, we reconnected. It was never meant to be something, but it was exciting and exotic again, and I hadn't felt that in a while—"

"That's not an excuse, you could've broken up with me." Rebecca sighed, closing her lips tightly. "You could've told me I wasn't the one for you."

"You are though, I still love you Jason. Kyle isn't someone I want to be with, he was just fun."

"Don't give me that bullshit Rebecca," he pulled his hands away from the table since he saw her attempt to reach of them. "You wouldn't even have thought of doing that if you had real feelings for me."

She shook her head, "I'm really sorry Jason—"

"Why did you betray Draven? Why did you leak his story?"

"Kyle wanted to know if there was any projects about Eric coming out, and I told him about Losing Us over Selfish You." When Jason shook his head, she continued, "It was wrong, but it was never personal against Draven, I was head over heels over Kyle. I did things that were stupid and wrong and I'm sorry."

Jason furrowed his brows, observed Rebecca for a moment before mumbling, "That was easier than I thought."

"What?"

He placed the device against his mouth and said, "Draven, did you get that?"

"Yes," he heard Draven breathing heavily and there were muffled sounds. "I did—I just took pictures with fans so news of me being here should go around quickly. The paparazzis and reporters should be here in a few minutes."

He entered the coffee shop, and Jason motioned for him.

Rebecca was startled, frightened by Draven's presence since she had not spoken to him ever since the party, and she wished she did not have to face him at the moment. But as expected, Jason was shoved further in the booth by Draven who sat beside him.

Draven smiled cockily at her, "Thank you for confessing, that was much easier than I thought it would be." He saw Rebecca swallow slowly, her tightened face causing only her eyeballs to move back and forth from between them. "Anyway, here's the recording."

Jason placed the device on the table, and Draven reached for it, pressing play. Rebecca's voice began, "Can I offer you something?"

Jason's voice followed, "I'm alright, thank you."

Draven nodded his head as he pressed pause, "We know you were the leak, but you know who doesn't know you were the leak?" Rebecca's eyes widened in shock when she glanced outside the coffee shop entrance and it was crowded with reporters and paparazzis standing there, waiting for Draven to exit. When he saw her realizing that, he smirked, "Exactly, the public."

"We have a deal for you to make," Jason's voice tightened, folding his arms. "I would listen if I was you."

"There's two choices, you can pick either one. One of them will basically be ruining your life, and the other will just be you helping us ruin Kyle, but you still have no place in my office."

"Option one: you don't do what we say, and Draven will go out there, tell the reporters you were the leak and that you are fired. You know they're going to write blogs about you and that not only ruins your name for now, but for further publication agencies and editing jobs; they'll deem you untrustworthy and there goes your entire career. That's a bad look for you—you'll never get a job like this again; bye bye writing," Jason had a smug smile as he said that.

Draven continued, "Option two: you help us take down Kyle, and I delete this recording and nobody at our office knows you were the leak. You go on about your life."

"I would choose option two if I were you," Jason shrugged his shoulders. "After you manipulated all of us, that's the least you deserve."

"So what do you pick?"

Rebecca's eyes had filled with tears, and she placed her palm over her eyes, beginning to quietly sob into them. That only anger Jason even more, who slammed his fist against the table which made them both flinch, startled.

"Jason, calm down—"

"You know who should be crying right now? It should be me. I'm heartbroken because I wanted to start a family with you, so don't you dare cry."

"Okay!" she said, stopping him. "Alright, I'll help you. Just please," she shook her head slowly, wiping her tears as they continuously leaked from her eyes. "Please, don't ruin my name like that."