41. What's on your mind?

"Draven."

"Draven."

"Draven!"

"Mhm..." Draven's eyes finally returned to Sophie's, and she raised a worried eyebrow. He rapidly shook his head and his eyes returned to the documents she had handed to him. "Are you alright? You've been snoozing off all morning; are you still hungover?"

"No I just," he paused for a moment, "have a lot on my mind."

"What's on your mind?"

Moan my name louder.

He gritted his teeth, "Nothing."

"Draven," she stepped towards the desk, "you can tell me. What's been going through your mind?"

I'm going to make you shake, just wait.

Draven scratched the side of his face, "Sophie, I'm sorry. Nothing's wrong, I was just dozing off, I'm tired."

"Okay well did you hear what I said?"

"Yes! I heard what you said."

"What was it then?" she furrowed her brows.

He rolled his eyes; luckily he had heard her. "Here are the documents for the new contract with Springs' Collaboration on Newborn Horns, and we have to meet at the Hilghton Casino for Ms. Brina's fiftieth birthday. Happy? Now, can you leave?"

"Whatever," she mumbled grumpily, stomping her heels towards the exit, "you don't have to give me attitude."

"You give me attitude all the time Sophie—" and the door was slammed shut.

Instantly he removed his glasses from his face and realized his hands were moist from sweat. He had been trembling in his seat, hoping that Sophie would not notice he was hiding something. He had not told anyone about what had occurred with Kyle—he could barely believe it himself! Kyle was his arch nemesis, his worst enemy, the person he hated the most, and he had sex with him.

The worse part was that he had never had that great of sex in years. Not that Eric had not been satisfying and exhilarating, but Kyle had a different dominant energy,  a vicious wolf that devoured anything in its path, and Draven had been in its path that night. Kyle had the strength to hold him, firm hands that gripped him and tossed him around violently but seductively, and Draven had caught himself a few times moaning his name.

His cheeks started burning.

Even the way dominant Kyle forced him to say certain things had increased the aching heat in his body, and he had not felt that feeling in a very long time.

But he had to forget about it, since Kyle was a disgusting, mean, abusive psychopath, and there was no way he would take Eric's leftovers.

After work, he headed home and began dressing himself for Brina's birthday. Although he was not exactly friend's with that woman, it was only for show to present his face and be on the news reportage. It was not a good look when celebrity friends told others that one of their invites never showed, and Draven had enough bad energy surrounding his name that he did not want to ruin this.

It was Hector that arrived to his door, knocking outrageously. "We're going to be late!" he shouted from outside the front door, which Draven heard.

Draven had been ready, and was standing in front of the mirror staring at himself. Unfortunately he was sweating, restraining himself from sending his fingers through his gelled hair and he wished that he could refuse to leave. It was because he knew Kyle was going to be there, and they had not spoken ever since last night when they had exhilarating sex.

It had been filled with such ecstasy that Draven felt guilty for having loved it. Eventually he escaped his bedroom and left his home, being scolded by Hector and entering the vehicle to find Sophie and Miranda in the backseats.

"Jason has a meeting with Rebecca," Miranda rolled her eyes with a grimace.

Draven raised an eyebrow, "They're getting back together?"

"Of course not, Jason wouldn't be that dumb. She said she wanted closure—"

"All girls make up those lies," he snorted.

Sophie shrugged her shoulders, "I swear they'll end up being friends."

"Let's hope not," Miranda added next.

They had reached the casino shortly after, and it was nothing new that paparazzis followed them the moment the door opened. Draven helped Miranda and Sophie from the vehicle, and Hector closed the door behind, following his crew to inside the casino.

The casino had a vibe of a luxurious palace, chandeliers roaming the ceilings and people beautifully dressed. At the door, securities patted them and retrieved their phones to assure no cheating. Even worse, the moment he informed that they were her for Brina, they were handed a glass of champagne.

Miranda was not a fan of the crowded loud drunk environment and she wrinkled her nose, "I'm finding a spot to seat, I'm not in the mood for this type of night."

"Neither am I," Sophie grumbled beside her. She then turned to Draven, "Cool if we head that way for a bit?"

"Do whatever you want," Draven chuckled before finishing his entire glass of champagne. It was strange since the moment he did, a waiter walking by replaced his drink for a new full pen. 

Hector, who had been standing next to him, couldn't hold back laughs. "Free alcohol, your type of night."

"I have to go say hi to Brina," he said glumly, "I'll be back in a few."

"You're leaving me?"

"Go find some girls," Draven smiled, "You need some sex, Hector." When he noticed Hector's face bloom red, he burst into chuckles and waved a hand, ignoring Hector's death threats before storming off.

Draven was finishing his second glass of champagne and was wandering across the casino before finally stumbling on the beautiful Ms. Brina, actually it was Princess Brina, a self-proclaimed Princess. She was fifty seven years old, and still wore a tiara and a large pink gown that symbolized her being a princess.

Draven was close to puke from her attire, nuit he respectfully leaned in towards and and embraced her into a hug. He pecked her cheek and smiled, "Happy birthday Brina."

"Thank you for making an appearance Draven, you are such a wonderful young man."

Draven winked, "Anything for you, my dear—"

"Excuse me."

They were both startled by the voice, and when Draven glanced upwards, he was almost too late. Kyle walked behind him, and when he did, his palm brushed along the back of Draven's lower waist before finally disappearing when he continued walking.