Chapter 16- "Coping"

(Storm's POV)

         After about three miles my legs were killling but my heart hurt much worse......i felt as if someone had reached inside of me and poked a hole through my heart.......it hurt........betrayal, hurts so badly.... i had just learned that my whole life has been based on a lie.........my parents, my past, my family, and the only friendship i had.........i would be lying if i said i wasn't confused.......my thoughts are so scrambled right now.....if Alex was just protecting me then so were Yuma and the twins.....meaning that i have no real friends....i never did. my 'Angel parent' gave me away to some stranger, meaning they didn't want me......i was an abandoned child. every single thought that went through my head made my heart feel empty. as i was walking past the park, i saw a familiar face, a depressed one at that.

      "Hey Ref, what's wrong with you?" i didn't know when i had started calling him by a 'nickname' sort of...

     *huff* "i've resently learned something highly depressing." i plopped down on the bench next to him.

       "Heh, join the club....." i glanced over at me, his chin still resting on his knuckles.

       "What'd you learn?"

       "Oh nothing, except for the fact that my whole life has been made up on a lie.....actually several lies...." he raised an eye brow.

        "Like?"

       "like, the fact that i was actually abandoned at some strangers' doorstep as a baby by my parents, the fact that my family isn't actually blood-related to me, and the fact that my only friendship for the longest time was a lie, meaning that i had no friends at the begining......"

       "So that little werewolf boy told ya then, huh....." i blinked, what? was he talking about Alex? 'my tribe was asked to protect you' his words started playing over and over in my mind........tribe? "Yeah, that must suck not knowing that you were going to awaken as a Legna or anything about angels and your parents......you must be pretty confused huh?" i didn't know how to reply so i just nodded instead.

      "Well, i can't really say i understand very much considering that i would've preferred to not know who my father was....."

      "Your father?"

      "Yep, commonly known by humans as 'Satan' the fallen archangel once known as Lucifer...."  *gulp* did he just admit that he was the Devil's son?

       "So....so.....because he was an angel.....do you have the eyes?" he glanced over at me and i watched as his grey eyes darkened a bit and yet managed to...glow?

         "Yep, but its in a Legna's best interest not to reveal what their ability is..." i nodded, i guess it makes sense.

          "So is that why your depressed?"

          "Sadly no, i've known both my parents since i was born, the reason why i'm depressed is because i've found my mate."

            "Oh.....why's that a bad thing?"

            "because he's human and humans are less sensitive to the touch of their mate meaning they don't usually realize its their mate at all....meaning i can't be with my mate and what's worse is that one, i've already have fallen in love...two....i get completely sexually aroused whenever i'm around him and i immediately want to claim him, by mating with him....if you know what i mean."   Uh huh, definately! same here with......did this mean Jared's my mate?

            "I think so?...." he just smirked at me but then went right back to pouty face.

            "And to make matters worse, he's an a**hole!"

            "Hmm, do i know him?"

            "Yeah, he's in your advanced classes."

            "Really who?"

            "An a**hole."

            "Oh come on, i wanna know!" he sighed.

            "to be honest, i don't know his name."

            "Well then describe him for me....."

             "He's an a**hole."

             "K, i've already got that..."

             "A sexy body, six foot two, with a six pack."

             "Ok....and?"

             "A tad-bit tanned skin, with black hair and chocolate brown eyes..."

             "Ok..... anything else?" he bit down on his lip with one of his....really sharp teeth?

             "he's a football player........the one who beat me up......."

             "WHAT! HIM!"

             "Hey! its not like i get to choose who my mate is!" i guess he's got a point...i sighed, i feel bad for him...

             "His name is Marko Reams.......his father is a doctor and his mother is a lawyer, i think he has an older brother named Roland."

              "Mmh, good to know a bit about him atleast, thanks Storm."

             "Your welcome."

             "Well, see ya around."

            "Yeah." he stood up and stretched then before walking away he turned his head to the side and glanced at me....after about a few seconds of a 'contemplating look' on his face, he spoke....

            "And if its any constellation........you still do have two friends........at least, that's how Natas and Me see it anyways.......speaking of which, instead of spying on you for our father like we were told to do, were now going to protect you Storm.......because your our friend......and maybe its similar to yours and Alex's friendship, he was at first told to but then he actually wanted to because he two became friends....brothers." he winked at me and then just vanished right in front of me! i guess if i didn't believe before, i do now.......unless i'm having some crazy dream-slash-nightmare that is.......anyways the point is that i may have over-reacted, i obviously didn't think everything through and just went with what first popped into my mind.....i guess i need to go apologize to him and talk to him about everything, maybe he could help me figure things out? as long as he promises not to lie again..........looks like i walked three miles for nothing and now i've got to walk three miles backwards....but its definately worth it.

        {By the way, some of you may have seen it already but the vid over there on the side is my poorly made vid about the characters and their animated forms-couldn't decide what actors should play them (minus Nate)- so this is my first vid and i know it sucks, but it does give you more info. that could help you figure out who plays the piano in chapters 10 and 12}

-leave a comment letting me know this ch. was! please?