Chapter 28- "All eyes on me"

(Storm's POV)

Everyone was standing outside the house at six o'clock in the morning. i was still a bit sleepy and judging from the fact that the twins were rubbing their eyes i'd say i wasn't the only one. Nathan and Alex were holding each other close and whispering their good-byes to one another, then turned to the twins and gave them a small lecture on behaving then asking their mates to keep them safe.....i said good-bye to the twins, Devane, Dalv, and Nathan.....after Natas was done saying good-bye to Ref i went over and said good-bye. Then just like that we were following Yuma to Ref and Natas's mother's house.

....................................................................................................................................................................

(Reficul's POV)

After the four of them had left i headed upstairs to shower and dress for school. It was cold today so i decided to wear layers.i pulled on a pair of black jeans, then put on a gray short sleeved t-shirt. I rummaged through my wardrobe until i found my black and red checkered flannel shirt. i buttoned it up then pulled on my faux leather jacket, but didn't zip it up. i put in my piercings and brushed my hair. i shoved my phone into one of my pockets along with my car keys. then headed downstairs to find something for breakfast, when i had walked in though Devane had already made something called 'French Toast' so i had that. Afterwards i headed outside and over to my car, i got in and headed to school earlier than everyone else......i didn't really care about the rogue vampire, after all, i was born to learn how to be a killer......When i got there i parked as far away as possible then headed into the building and straight over to my locker. I swapped my books and then just when i was standing up to close it i sensed someone walking towards me from behind......my automatic reaction kicked in and i turned, grabbed the person and shoved them against one of the lockers........I realized who it was before i inflicted damage and immediately let go and backed away.....lucky fro me no one else was in this hallway since it was early.

"Sorry, didn't realize it was you." Marko gave me a look i didn't recognize and then pushed himself off of the lockers.

"Its cool....so i was wondering if you'd like to sit with me and my friends at lunch."

"I'm pretty sure your friends don't like me."

"I'll tell them to be nice don't worry....so?"

"Uh.......sure why not."

"Cool, see ya then."

"Yeah." Wow, so i guess he does want to be friends or maybe he's just being nice so that later on i wouldn't expect him to turn on me........no, i've got to stop thinking that no one can be trusted, i'm not that person anymore, that's no longer apart of my life.......my life is with my new family and my friends.....people that i can trust and have no reason to suspect them wanting to hurt me......I shut my locker and headed off to my first class. Right before lunch the twins started a spit ball war with each other that ended up with a teacher getting hit right in the face with one and after school detention for them, typical........When lunch came around i found my stomach feeling strange and for someone reason i wanted to describe it as there being butterflies in my stomach which is absurd since i don't eat butterflies. i Went to my locker to get my Thermos cup filled with blood and an herb that is poisonous to humans but not to me and then headed to the cafeteria. I looked around until i saw Marko at a table where five other people sat, including Ben and Katherine. I started walking over but for some reason i felt something take hold of me......it was......fear? was i afraid of rejection? what if he was just kidding and i'm setting myself up for humiliation? why am i even thinking this......why would i even care? where did this fear come from? A loud noise snapped me out of my thoughts and i turned to where it had came from. there was a girl on the floor covered with the food today called 'spaghetti' all over her hair, face, and down the front of her shirt......a tray that had once held said food was next to her and the boy who had supposedly tripped her yelled to everyone.

"Look at this pathetic fatty who can't even seem to wait till she got over to a table before trying to stuff her face......she must really love food!" and with that several other people were crowding around her throwing food at her, laughing, and calling her names.the girl wasn't even fat they were just trying to make her feel bad about herself and even if she were fat it didn't give them any right to do this....I looked around the room to see everyone watching with worry or disgust but no one was doing anything......this wasn't right, and before i could stop myself i had walked over to them.

"Leave her alone." The one who had started this whole thing had turned around and was now looking at me.

"Excuse me?"

"Your excused,now leave her alone." i folded my arms over my chest.

"You think your funny don't ya?"

"I'd have to ask someone first before i go thinking that and considering that you think what your doing is funny then your obviously the wrong person to ask.....now leave her alone." he snickered at me and moved a bit closer but i stayed where i was.

"I don't think you know who your talking to."

"Well that's unfortunate, if youdon't think then why do they let you go to school....it seems like a bit of a waist."

"Heh, my father owns this school and has a lot of influence.....so unless you want your life to be ruined, back off."

"Leave her alone."

"I'm warning you.......back off or else i will destroy you."

"I'd like to see you try."

"That's it i'm going to have my father expel you and then make sure your parents won't be able to hold a job or anything!"

"One you don't know who i am dumbass, two i can't believe that your threatening me with your father's power and not your own, and three i'm positive that if you tried to mess with my father then he'd just simple kill you........now, i'll ask one more time.....Leave.Her.Alone......"

"That's it, i'm going to beat the shit out of you!!" I dodged his punch, grabbing his arm i twisted it around his back and held him there, and whispered in his ear.

"Now, i'm going to let you in on a little secret.......i know what you fear most and believe me when i say that if you cross me again and try to inflict harm, then i will make what you fear become real but only real to you...." he was trembling and i could tell he was about to piss his pants and its because i'm using my demonic voice to speak to him, I realised him and he immediately fell to his knees, shaking terribly and hugging himself.....i walked over towards the group of kids that were surrounding the girl, they quickly moved out of my way and i knelt beside the girl.

"Are you alright?" she looked at me and nodded.

"Good, I'm glad.....my names Reficul, what's yours?"

"Iris..." I smiled at her and held my hand out towards her.

"Need help up Iris?" she nodded and took my hand allowing me to pull her up to her feet.

"Thanks."

"No problem and when your done cleaning yourself up if you want i'll walk you to your next class and maybe later after school we can hang out, K?" she nodded so I let go of her hand and turned towards the table Marko was sitting at then started walking,knowing that all eyes were on me.....I pulled the chair out from under the table and sat down next to Marko and opened my Thermos. I then glanced around the room at everyone.

"Its rude to stare you know." with that everyone turned and went back to doing what they were doing. to be honest i have no idea what came over me......i think my emotions are more apart of me than i realized. I started drinking from my Thermos and after i was done i thanked Marko for letting me sit with him then got up and headed to my locker to put my Thermos away. In the hall i ran into Iris and we started talking with each other, when the bell rang like i had said i walked her to her next class and we planned to meet up on the steps of the school when the final bell for the day rings........i think i might have a new friend soon.......