Chapter 17- "Apologizes"

(Alex's POV)

            Is this it? is this how our friendship ends? it hurts, i don't want it to end like this! I kept pacing back and forth across the floor of Nate's room.........who was sitting on the bed watching me pace back and forth with a worried look on his face.....after thirty minutes of pacing, tears started falling down my face and that's when Nate turned me to face him. he looked into my eyes while wiping my tears away then pulled me close into him, he held me while i embarrassingly started sobbing....gosh crying like this and in front of him was pathetic! but it couldn't be helped that he was here with me right now, Nate had managed to break the vault door off its hinges when he felt that i was in pain.....when it comes to the mate connection, emotional pain is sensed stronger than physical pain.....i didn't know how long i cried but afterwards i had a bad headache so  Nate brought me over to the bed and cuddled me while Yuma did as Nate asked and went to get me some water. after gulping down the water, i buried my head into his chest, both hands clutching onto his shirt. werewolves were more sensitive with emotions than most Species and it usually made it so we wanted to be snuggled when were sad, which is why we have 'pack piles' every now and then. I ended up stripping and shifting into my wolf form, since my wolf needed cuddling too, and i started nuzzling into the crook of Nate's neck...but he didn't mind, not even when i started licking his face.......what? i can't help it, its an involuntary thing. while i was in wolf form i smelled a familiar scent....i jumped off the bed in a rush and ran down the stairs, out the large doggy door in the back door and outside.....i ran half way down the winding path and stopped about fifteen feet in front of him, i didn't want to scare him but i was excited that he came back....he stared at me a few minutes then walked up to me and hesitantly petted me on the head.... after he was done, i turned and headed back towards the house, motioning for him to follow. when we got to the door, Nate was standing at it....i reopened our telepathic connection and told him to tell Storm to wait in the library. i then headed back to Nate's room...i shifted and got dressed.

        "Hey Storm." i sat down across from him on the same couch that Nate was sitting on, with his arms folded over his chest and left leg crossed over his right knee, looking mildly irritated....probably because of how i reacted to Storm coming back.....even though he had made me upset a few 'whatevers' ago.  "You came back...." he nodded.

        "Look Alex i....i'm sorry...i didn't mean to flip out on you.......i wasn't thinking straight and i...i'm really sorry......" i shook my head,

         "Don't be, i shouldn't have told you everything at once, it was too much to deal with."

         "No... i'm the one who bursted out all upset before letting you finish talking....Friends again?" i smiled at him.

         "You mean, Brothers....and yes, always...." we both stood up and reached over the coffee table to give each other a hug......I could tell it made Nate's vampire instincts upset but he didn't do anything besides glance over at the clock on the wall behind him. we both sat back down, i took Nate's hand and intertwined our fingers.

       "So....i'm guessing that you two are mates?" i looked at him confused....how did he? "Reficul was talking about his, and i quote 'a**hole of a mate' which i agree completely with....oh and by the way, how long has it been since satan decided to send people to spy on me, its a bit creepy?"

       "Since Reficul and Natas came i believe..."

       "Ok, so your going to help me figure out why i'm different and about my parents, right?"

       "Yep, and so is Yuma, the twins, their mates, and Nate." i side glanced at him and in response he squeezed my hand supportingly. i grinned and then looked over at Storm, who had just witnessed that, i'm blushing a bit  now.

       "So, can we go over the files again?" i nodded and stood up asking Nate to get the others and then heading over to the bookshelf. An hour past and  we decided to call it a night. Storm called his uncle and told him he was staying over at a friends' place.......he didn't know that i knew his uncle was a bastuard and the one who caused him to come to school with bruises all those times.....after we all got dressed in our pj's, we headed back downstairs. Yuma and Devane went to make cookies and cocoa, while everyone else was in the living room. Nate moved the coffee table out of the way and set the board of monopoly up. I sat between Nate and Storm, and the twins sat across from me...Devane and Dalv were sitting on the couch behind them watching us play and Yuma was sitting on the couch behind Storm, reading a book. After everyone else, besides Nate, went upstairs, i told Storm that he can't be more than twenty yards from Yuma at all times, explaining that her ability shielded him so he could only be detected by those who Yuma allowed through. i told him it would be safer if he lived with us and he seemed to like that thought and agreed......i had already asked Nate if it was ok.....

        "Hey Alex?"

        "Yeah?"

        "Can Reficul and Natas live here if they want to? since Ref said they were also protecting me and are like me?" i telepathically asked Nate if that was ok....and he said yes.

        "Sure, but just to let you know, i think they actually might be like you, their known as the only Legnahcras that exsist but....."

        "Legnahcras?" i nodded,

        "A Legnahcra is the child of an ArchAngel and ArchAngels aren't suppose to have any children, it's againest the laws of the heavens but Satan had already fallen so it didn't matter anymore if he broke other archangel rules, but he still was and is technically an archangel making his sons Legnahcras." he just nodded slowly.

       "is there no possiblility that i'm not like that though, i mean even though i'm different from a Legna..."

       "Its just a guess........we'll ask Reficul if we can take an x-ray of his body for comparison..."

       "K."

       "And tomorrow after school we'll go speak to my father...." he gulped then nodded his head.

       "Don't worry, my family won't attack you, you'll be a guest of the Alpha." he nodded a bit more calmy this time at least........i headed on upstairs after saying good night to Storm at the top of them where we went our separate ways. i climbed into bed with Nate right behind me, snuggling close, he mumbled something to me.....

        "Were not going to be able to have sex for awhile are we?" i blushed and just pushed closer into him.

       "Luv you Nate." he grumbled,

       "i'll take that as a 'no'..." he pressed his lips into the back of my head, "Luv you too darling." i blushed again....but for the moment, i was content.