1 | Amaryllis

You deserve it, you whore.

The moment I closed my eyes - those were the last words that has been said to me by my blood sister. The pain I was feeling was no longer there as my soul left my cold body - as I left the cruel world.

In the darkness, I played over my memories. Somehow I could remember every little thing that was forgotten. I remembered when a cute tiny baby was born into the world by a beautiful lady and her husband - two of the most powerful people in society. The mother held her baby dearly as she called her name.

Amaryllis.

The name that she wished the baby girl would live up to - the name that I wish I could live up to.

One year later the family welcomed another newborn daughter into their world.

Iris.

The little sister.

Their father was a cold person, the opposite of their mother - He didn't have time to be with his family but he still took care of their needs.

The siblings grew up together happily and were very much loved by their mother and also the servants of their home - they admired the beauty and kindness of the two young girls.

But soon the blooming days ended when the two sisters fell in love.

The worst thing was,

they fell for the same man.

Their relationship soon became loose in an instant. It happened so fast, no one realized when exactly the competition between the two siblings had started. The situation itself was the family's darkest secret. No one dared to talk about it openly.

Day by day, their hatred for each other deepened. They hated each other to the core!

For years, they tried to woo the same man.

For years, they hated each other.

For years, they were fools.

And for once - Iris had enough.

Iris easily poured poison from a tiny bottle she bought into her big sister's favorite dessert and left the kitchen without a single trace. A drop of the poison was powerful enough - but the girl poured out the entire bottle unknowingly.

When it was time for dinner, the maids put many delicious foods onto the long dinner table, Iris expected Amaryllis, her "loser" of a sister would drool immediately at the sight of her favorite dessert and ate it at once-

and she was right.

Amaryllis loved desserts and had always eaten the desserts first among everything else. For a moment nothing happened but soon enough.. Amaryllis choked up blood - a pool of blood.

Mother and the servants were all in panic. She screamed for her husband and the doctor to come at once. Unfortunately for those who cared for Amaryllis, the poison was instant killing. An effective poison. Only someone capable could afford such a thing.

Iris walked to her dying sister - she looked at her calmly. Amaryllis had a hard time moving her body so she just glared with blurry vision. Iris smirked as she saw the deadly glare of her sister and was caught off guard when Amaryllis spat out blood on her precious face. It was so unexpected that Iris just had to laugh - and it turned out to be a chaotic laugh.

That laugh.

That fucking laugh-

was the only thing that made everyone in the room realize it.

Iris - the second daughter of the Bloom family. She was the only one who was capable to do such a thing as far as killing her own sister!

"You!" The mother turned her head and pointed her finger at Iris in shock and anger, but was immediately cut off by the cruel one's evil laugh.

Iris laughed like a maniac while Amaryllis was slowly dying. The mother soon ordered her men to get Iris away from her firstborn. At that moment also, Iris conveyed her last words to her lovely sister.

"You lose!"

Yeah. I was indeed a fool.

I cried out my nonexistent tears in this endless void.

How can I be so foolish?

My life ended by being foolish!

My life was ended by my foolish sister!

My life ended because I loved a fool!

My life was a joke!

I laughed.

I formed a fist mentally - wanting to punch myself - but I couldn't control my body anymore.

Why am I this late to realize?

"Amaryllis, her name is Amaryllis."

Why!

"So she will be our only pride."

Please let me fix my mistakes!

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Let me live up to my name!