14 | Separation

Sorry for suddenly appear again,
Making stories is a hobby of mine, so i tried writing here and it's fun
I will be slow on updates since i have a lot to do in real life, really sorry
Enjoy

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Why are you always asking questions?" Xavier shrugged his shoulders, observing the brown haired girl in front of him.

"Well, it's because you're suspicious!" Amaryllis claimed and glared at the man in front of her - eyeing him like a hawk while crossing her arms and legs. Her eyes showed intimidation, but Xavier felt nothing.

"I don't think I'm suspicious." Xavier sighed and looked down before showing Amaryllis his unwavering clear blue eyes, "Don't you believe me?"

"You-" Amaryllis held her head, closing her eyes in frustration, "Making those expressions suddenly makes you more suspicious!"

It's been a while since Amaryllis had been thinking about the reason why Xavier pissed her off so much! Was this some kind of trial to test her patience? What's wrong with him, she wondered.

Xavier acted mysterious when the two first met. The handsome man even risked his life to save Amaryllis. Lastly at the hospital, he acted cold like ice!

It has not been one day and he's now acting like a brat - a handsome and intimidating brat. Too bad, Amaryllis couldn't destroy that good-looking face of his.

"Gosh, Bloom. What do you want?" Xavier asked, resting his cheek on his palm - tired of talking to the younger.

"Gosh, King. You're giving me a headache.. Why are you following me? Let's start with that."

"You're the one who invited me, kiddo." Xavier sighed and flicked Amaryllis' forehead with his other hand while his other hand was still supporting his head.

"Ouch! Don't know that!" Amaryllis complained - rubbing her forehead, wanting to get rid of the hurting sensation. "Why did you accept!? We're literally strangers who don't know each other!" Amaryllis explained.

"You're not wrong." Xavier agreed.

"Got my point?" Amaryllis asked.

"Yeah." The man nodded.

After a moment of silent, Amaryllis got pissed again. Xavier was like a living statue!

Was nodding all you're able to do!?

Guess what, she changed her mind. She was about to kill the man right here right now but unfortunately May suddenly entered earlier than expected - bringing their orders.

May wondered why was there an intense atmosphere in the room between her master and the handsome fellow. Not wanting to get involved, she just casually put on a smile while holding a tray of desserts and placed them down on the table then left.

"Thank you, May." Amaryllis smiled to May before turning her head to see Xavier - his eyes were shut closed.

"Can you say something!?" Amaryllis yelled.

"I got your point, what else do you want?" Xavier replied with his eyes still closed.

"Nevermind.." Amaryllis sighed in defeat. "Eat." Amaryllis commanded making Xavier opened one eye, "You need to take your pills."

"My arms still hurt, can't you feed me?"

"Are you being serious right now?" Amaryllis asked with a fake smile while her eye was twitching.

As a response, Xavier just nodded like a pure innocent soul.

"You're such a shame.. Good thing you saved my life or I'll end yours right now." Amaryllis nagged with a fork in hand and stabbed one of Xavier's profiterole with a sour face.

"Hurry up and eat."

Xavier looked at the girl's hand trying to feed him and immediately smirked.

"Alright, LP. Aa~" He opened his mouth.

"Anyway, stop with the nickname." Amaryllis answered with a cringed expression.

"Why? Isn't it cute?"

"Why are you even calling me a cute name?"

"Why do you ask?"

THIS CONVERSATION WOULD NEVER END. LETS JUST END IT.

"I'll be minimal on the questions starting now." Amaryllis finally gave up asking the man questions because she would probably never get serious answers.

"Haha!"

"You are such a jerk."

"I know."

Amaryllis sighed. It was still early and she felt like it was the end of the day, time to rest because handling Xavier was too much.

"Anyway, where to go next? Aa~" Xavier asked, eating everything Amaryllis fed him.

"Definitely a place where you won't follow."

"Where is that exactly?"

RING DING DONG RING DING DONG--

"Dad?" Amaryllis looked at her phone with confusion.

Why would he call me?

"Yeah probably that place." Xavier sighed and pouted.

"Shut up."

"Hello?" Amaryllis answered the call.

"Come to my office later." Abner replied with his usual demanding tone.

"What for?"

"Work."

"Okay?"

"..."

"Hello? Dad? Dad!?"

He hung up on me.

Amaryllis sighed before looking at the man in front him.

"Alright, it's time for me to go." Amaryllis stood up from her chair and picked up her bag.

"Want me to get you there?" Xavier asked.

"You, just order more food and enjoy." Amaryllis smiled forcefully, she must distanced herself from this guy and her family must never knew she even made contact with him.

"Alright, I love supporting small businesses."

Thank you for the cooperation, good sir.

"Whatever, but thanks." Amaryllis walked away from their table.

"See you next time, LP." Xavier looked behind and smiled.

"Yeah, sure?"

Will we see each other again? What was that so-assured smile of his?