12 | Party That Night (2)

"Who's there?" Amaryllis called out to the unknown man that was standing a few metres further away from her. In a second, her call immediately made the man took notice.

The man turned around just to see a girl his age - a stunning girl to be exact.

The most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

"Why are you not inside?" The male who turned out just to be a young boy asked the girl who was hiding behind the bush of flowers. Amaryllis meet his eyes but she didn't know what to do next. She didn't know who the boy was.

The boy realized what Amaryllis was feeling. He realized that it wasn't really her fault to be cautious anyway.

Seeing her behavior, the handsome boy went closer to the girl, not knowing that she was the oldest daughter of the Bloom family. The most powerful family, while he was nothing compared to her.

His action made Amaryllis flinched, but she decided to just stood still.

When the two of them were close enough, the boy decided to finally introduced himself.

"Good evening, my lady. My name is James Quinn. Heir to the Quinn family."

The last name, Quinn, made Amaryllis tilted her head. This boy was the young master of the Quinn family - who was holding the party at the moment!

"Pardon my rudeness, James.. I didn't know.." Amaryllis curtsied to the boy in front of her. Not knowing what to do, she ended the conversation that way.

Sweat was forming on her skin. What an awkward meeting!

James just smiled to Amaryllis. After seeing the girl in front of her panicking, he decided to open his mouth.

"Hey, don't be so nervous. Why don't you start by telling me your name?" James asked with that sweet voice of his. Amaryllis didn't know why but she was melting inside, her heart was thumping vigorously!

"Ah! I'm sorry again! My name is Amaryllis! Nice to meet you!" Amaryllis showed her charming smile to James.

"What is your family name?" James asked in curiosity making Amaryllis stood in a dilemma.

Should she tell him?

To begin with, the reason why she ran to the garden was to not be known as a member of the Bloom family.

Amaryllis was super unsure. How could she refuse to tell him in a not-bad manner..

"I'm really sorry, James.. I don't think my family name is worthy enough to be heard by you.." Amaryllis nicely spoke her arranged words to James. But, somehow, the man in front of him began to giggle as if he realized something!

"What a pity.." James murmured, making sure little Amaryllis didn't hear him.

"Alright. I'll be going then, lady. I hope we will meet again." James waved his hand to Amaryllis with a smile plastered on his face, he turned around and walked away into the mansion.

Amaryllis fell down on her knees because of the tension and sighed. After a moment, the girl stood up and walked to the bench near her.

She sat down there and thought about the handsome boy she met.

Amaryllis thought that James was actually really handsome. James Quinn was a looker. Was this expected because they do fashion business?

The boy would grow up to be a fine man in the future. After thinking for a while, Amaryllis realized something - something off.

Was he being considerate to her?

Why didn't he ask further?

It weirded her out but the fact that a handsome boy would want to talk to her was already a great.

Amaryllis was thinking whether she could ask her mother, Aster to let her play with James next week or not. If Aster said yes, Amaryllis would be so happy!

After the party was over, Aster went to find Amaryllis playing near the fountain and called her out.

"Lili, let's go home. Hurry, it's cold!" Aster gestured Amaryllis to come to her. Amaryllis took notice and quickly headed to her beloved mother.

"Okay, wait for me, Mom!"