11 | Playful

"Confess your sins."

"What?" Xavier answered me while looking down at his phone, probably catching up on the texts he had not read yet.

"Why are you skipping medications?" I asked him with a stern voice. That made him face me.

Well obviously, being the child he was, his answer was equivalent to what a child would say.

"I don't wanna." He pouted and my soul couldn't take that behavior.

I swear to dad I'm going to kill this man.

"That ain't going to work on me. You're taking the medicine after we eat." I sighed and looked out the window right away.

Sigh. I like his face a little too much.

"Why do care so much, Blo--"

I quickly realized the nickname he was about to call me, so I hurriedly put my hand over his mouth.

"Don't say it!" I shout-whispered to him. Xavier and I were basically facing each closely. I didn't care too much because my family name was on the line!

I glared at him but then realized that I could see the taxi driver looking at us through the small mirror at the end of my vision.

Xavier just looked at me and said nothing.

Then I felt something wet.

Again, this was a shocking day.

"Did you lick my hand!?" I panicked and quickly took my hand away.

I glared at the insane man beside me while cleaning my palm with a handkerchief.

Is this what you call harassment in public?

Only an innocent smile plastered on Xavier's face, averting his eyes to the driver's seat. I followed his eyes and realized that the driver was holding his laughter!

I didn't plan to say that out loud.

"This is embarrassing. You're paying for the bills." I rested my palm on my forehead and turned my body to face the window. My back was facing him. I was too embarrassed.

Everything weird simply continued to occur, my head couldn't deal with it too much.

Anyway, I could not let him say my family name out loud. The attention was unnecessary.

"Hey."

I heard Xavier call out to me, but decided not to react or answer. I knew I was being rude, but I couldn't handle him at the moment. My heart was still beating fast.

Ignoring a kid was always a bad decision.

I could feel Xavier move closer to me but I was scared to look back, so I just sat still.

It was quiet and I could feel his presence behind me. Oddly, I felt myself calming down. The air conditioning made it chilly but comforting.

Thump.

I saw big hands quietly stretching out. One hand was on the window while the other was behind the headrest of my seat.

?

He was trapping me.

I accidentally moved back in panic and felt something warm.

!?

His warm breath tickled my ear and my body completely froze.

***&#$%!!!

"Let's go."

I slowly looked behind me,

and saw Xavier close with a charming smile on his face.

I didn't care anymore.

I just wanted to get out!

How could he embarrass me like that!?

"You pay!" I quickly jumped out of the taxi.

"Youth." The driver murmured before driving away.

Soon, I entered fleurir with Xavier. As usual, the cafe was quite packed. People were having a good time.

I called May, a worker who immediately escorted Xavier and me to the VIP room. More like a private quarter of the cafe if you ask me.

"Nice to see you, Miss Lili." May greet me after Xavier and I both sat down.

"Nice to see you, too. Can you get me the menus?" I smiled at her.

"Yes. Please wait."

After a moment, May returned with the menus. I ordered two 'profiterole & salted toffee ice cream sandwiches', a slice of fleurir's special chocolate cake, and a glass of milk.

"What about you?" I asked the man beside me who didn't bother to open the menu at all.

"I'll have what she has."

"Alright, copycat. Good choice. That is all." I closed the menu in my hands and put it down on the table.

"Please wait for a moment."

May lowered her head and took the menus before leaving the room. After she left, I decided to fuck it and just call Xavier out. He ain't going anywhere until I got his answer.

"Xavier."

"What are you trying to do to me?"