20 | Father & His Daughter

"It was fully my fault. I apologize to both of you."

Aster Bloom looked at the man beside her and sighed. She was seriously mad with her husband and hated this type of action that he did.

Just what do you want Amaryllis to prove to you?

Aster gazed at Abner's face as if searching for an answer. His skin was pale white. The workaholic man always stayed in his office, at home, or trips, not getting enough sunlight. His golden-brown hair strands poked his closed eyelids that was hiding his golden-brown eyes. His lips thinned and eyebrows furrowed as he stood up straight.

This father and daughter really resembled each other so much. No one could predict what they were thinking or what would they do next. They never really cared about what other people thought of them and went on ahead to achieve their goals.

To be honest, this past couple of years, Aster was living her life restlessly. Her eldest daughter somehow decided to leave the household, wanting to live by herself. She even graduated high school in two years.

Aster was really confused, her Lili wasn't like this before. The Lili she remembered was all smile, a playful but lonely. She only cared for one thing and that was the man of her heart.

She was miserable.

Just what made her like this?

Aster looked at her daughter who was also closing her eyes. This calm manner of her just made her more curious.

As for Abner, Aster thought this couldn't go on. This man needed to change his parenting behavior. For the reminder, Abner was only treated as an officer that couldn't be approached by his daughters. They wouldn't get close to him by any means, so he was now a really awkward father.

He really wouldn't last being a father if this went on.

Oh my gosh, this household is in more trouble than I thought it would be.

"Abner," Aster called, now her turn to close her eyes.

"Yes." Abner opened his eyes. glanced at his wife.

"You are going on vacation tomorrow."

"...what?"

"And take Lili with you." Aster walked to sit beside Amaryllis. At this sentence, the young girl opened her eyes in shock.

"...what?"

"I'll take over your work for a few days." Aster continued, plopping a cookie from the small bag on Amaryllis' lap.

The two father and daughter looked at their spouse/mother with eyes wide opened.

"What?" Aster asked as she put her palm on her cheek. "You two will work together soon, so bonding is important for you awkward father and insociable daughter."

When the two opened their mouth as if they were about to complain, Aster threatened.

"Or no sweets for one year."

"Huh!?"

Abner and Amaryllis cried out before looking at each other.

"Wow, Mother. You really didn't hold back, huh?"

"Wife, a week was enough to threaten me, but a year?"

The two father and daughter sulked, their face gloomy.

As for being a wife and a mother, Aster knew one thing for sure these two, father and daughter couldn't live without.

Their precious sweets.

These two were just a copy and paste.

Abner and Amaryllis just had an extreme sweet tooth problem. The man needed his sweets intake controlled and Amaryllis would soon be limited to eat sweets like her father when she's older. Thankfully, these two hadn't had any health problems to worry about currently. Diabetes would be really bad. If they ever got it,

Say bye-bye to sweets.

Seeing these two acted pitifully in front of her, Aster laughed freely. She just somehow didn't realize that her laugh came out evil like a scary witch.

Damn, Mom, you're acting out of character...

Amaryllis looked at Aster, then glanced to see her father. Abner did the same and they mentally communicated.

For sweets!

They nodded calmly. The two agreed but they were really troubled about these father and daughter time together.

I don't know why this turns out like this... But-

Is this bonding time really necessary?

This is a really bad idea... But-

I can't get sweets away from me for a year!

Exactly, those were what the father and daughter thought about. At this point, they could only accept the generous offer of vacation time from this intimidating woman.

Without saying anything much other than nodding at anything Aster said, Amaryllis left the office immediately after the planning was done.

To her surprise, Luca was only a few steps away from the office door, standing up tall while looking forward.

Not gonna lie, Amaryllis thought Luca was pretty attractive when he didn't talk or laugh weirdly. The man seemed to be in thoughts so he didn't notice Amaryllis. Silently, she walked a few steps toward the brown-haired man and hooked his arm with hers, making his focus distracted to her warm touch.

"Oh, Miss! Are you done for today?" Luca asked with a slight smile.

"Yes, let's go! I am really tired..." Amaryllis pulled Luca hurriedly to the lift, but before they got to it, a voice called.

"Young Miss, would you like me to get you home?"

Luca and Amaryllis looked behind and the voice turned out to belong to the reliable old man, Luke. Amaryllis smiled at the man before replying,

"It's fine, Uncle Luke. Brother Luca will be my new assistant, you can go back to Father."