13 | After Party

On their way home - inside the car, the ride was filled with silence. They didn't say anything to each other and that was the moment, Amaryllis decided to ask her mother the question she has been wanting to ask.

"Mom, I met the young master of Quinn family in the garden! Can i play with him next week?" The girl asked cheerfully.

Aster looked at her daughter. She was troubled by the unexpected question. After arranging her words, Aster smiled before shaking her head.

"I can't?" Amaryllis pouted.

"You can't associate with the Quinn, Lili.." Aster replied with a slight troubled smile.

"Why, Mommy?" Amaryllis asked in confusion - she was literally shocked.

"One day, you will understand.." Aster murmured, loud enough for her daughter to hear.

"I don't like that answer.." Amaryllis let out a tear down her cheek before crying out loudly.

Abner who had not said a single thing since they entered the car frowned and groaned. He already had enough at the party, now, he had to deal with this? NO FUCKIN WAY.

"Stop crying or you are not allowed to meet him ever again!" Abner yelled out in frustration. He was already holding his head, he couldn't take anymore nuisance!

That one sentence made Amaryllis froze. Her body shook uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry.." Amaryllis spoke out to her father.

"Dear.." Aster looked at her husband before worrily hugged her daughter.

"Let's talk at home, alright, Lili? Your father had it rough just now.. he had to deal with a ton of people and it made his brain stop working hihi.." Aster tried to calm her daughter down by joking lightly but failed. Unfortunately, Amaryllis took what her father said super seriously.

She kept thinking of what would happen if she disobey or piss him off again. Would she really be grounded and couldn't meet James ever again? The thought of it frightened her!

That was the moment that made this father and daughter relationship fell apart.

As soon as they got home, Amaryllis went to her room and cried all night! Even the maids were concern, but there was nothing they could do to sooth their lovely lady. After a few days, both Amaryllis and Iris got better.

The two began to play together again and told stories. Amaryllis told Iris about James, the boy she met, not mentioning his name and also she told her sister about the ruthless thing their father - Abner said.

"Will that happen to me, too?" Iris shook, scared of what would happen if she pissed off her father.

"Let's not talk to him.." Amaryllis suggested.

"Okay.." Iris nodded.

Soon, the two daughter began to keep their distance from Abner Bloom. They would always watch their words whenever they were forced to speak to him.

Abner took notice but he just brushed it off. He was too busy enough! No way he would handle this and so, he was thinking of letting his wife to take care of this problem.

Well, Aster tried. Her daughter didn't really want to admit that they were avoiding their father, so Aster also brushed it off.

Everything went wrong since.

About James. Amaryllis would often visit him without her parents' consent. She made sure the driver didn't speak a single word to her parents.

James would sometimes let her in, but sometimes he would also turn her down.

Amaryllis thought maybe James was busy or something, but that was not it. After a few visit, Amaryllis took notice that sometimes, pretty girls her age would show up in front of James' mansion and he would let only one came in - in a day.

People already knew what character the young master of Quinn family had, but not Amaryllis.

Two years later, when Iris was fourteen, she met a senior at school named James Quinn and fell in love with him. When she told Amaryllis that she fell in love with James, Amaryllis couldn't take it! Her feelings was already wavering, but she refused to give James up!

Until the day she was poisoned and died.