3 | The Bloom

The Bloom - was one of the most famous families that held great power in the world. Topping the business world for many years, no one dared think lightly of them. They were rather feared and admired for their power. By being the elite among elites, the Bloom had everything - money, luxury, and connections.

The owner, Abner Bloom - was the one who started to put every chess piece in its rightful place on the board. He used the best strategies for him to win, survive, and conquer every enemy in his way. Smart, wise, innovative, and diligent - were characteristic of every employee who worked under his supervision.

In his fifty-s, the man still has not chosen his heir. The person who would once inherit what his. With no son, Abner Bloom doubted he would have an heir. He did not even give a single penny as an inheritance for his daughters, even the public knew that.

Only fools would do that

That was his thought.

Seeing his daughters growing up, he knew that none of them would be interested in business. He knew that they wouldn't be able to stand the heavy duty.

Abner Bloom silently removed his tie and suit - leaving him with a loose white collar shirt and black pants on. The middle-aged sighed softly - tired after making sure every work was done perfectly.

Tonight, Abner Bloom was finally able to go home. It was very common for him to leave his family for weeks or even months for work, but tonight, a side of him wanted to be home.

Known as a cold person, Abner Bloom was never really treated casually even by his own daughters.

None of them would approach him freely other than his wife. Both Amaryllis and Iris would just greet him like they were strangers. He understood why and just went on with his life. After all, he was a man with few words.

Later that night, Abner Bloom arrived home and as expected, only his wife was there to greet him. The young girls were nowhere to be seen. The man just sighed as his wife chuckled.

"You always sigh like that every time you come home- Are you bored of seeing me that much?" her wife - Aster Bloom said to him, fanning her eyes playfully like she was about to cry.

"I miss you."

The words full of meaning that left Abner Bloom's mouth were sincere to the woman in front of him. Society would cough out blood if the man ever said it bluntly in public!

But it was normal for the couple. Aster Bloom was smiling happily at the man she loves. Those two were actually idiots when it comes to being with one another, but cold to everyone else.

But only they knew that.

Amaryllis fell asleep last night and woke up from her sleep at seven in the morning. She woke up with cold sweat and chills from the nightmare of her death. The scene where Iris was laughing at her dying self without any sense of guilt. The fact that her blood sister would poison her to death made her terrified. No one knew when the snake would show its fangs once again in this life.

I need to get out of this house.

Amaryllis prepared herself mentally and in appearance to face her parents. She felt that it was time to stand on her own.

Brushing her long and silky golden brown hair, she saw herself in the mirror with her clear eyes. Their color was the same as her hair. Long eyelashes, rosy cheeks, and cherry-red lips. The fourteen-year-old girl was becoming more and more mature and beautiful.

Abner Bloom and his wife never really introduced their daughters in public. Society only knew Iris, not her big sister.

In elementary school, Amaryllis never really liked to make friends. Iris was the opposite, but neither of them really used their family name, and the kids never really cared about those kinds of things.

At the age of twelve, they were supposed to be home-schooled but only Amaryllis agreed. Iris begged her mother to let her stay with her friends. As Iris grew older, people realized that she was a Bloom - while Amaryllis was unknown.

Amaryllis herself was very playful in character but never really cared about other people. Her past self preferred to be inside the house, not caring about the outside world until she died.

But now, she was willing to change.