7 | Stranger Danger

"Who are you?" I asked and turned around completely to face the man.

I'd never seen anyone like him before even in my past life and it made me wonder why.

I saw the man smile like a gentleman before asking, "Do you plan to walk alone to your house?"

I looked at him briefly before nodding honestly.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" I answered while looking straight into his eyes.

The man just looked at me silently and closed his eyes, before opening them back.

"I don't think you should."

The man's eyes were narrowed, and his answer was bold - it surprised me.

"Why?" I asked him in full curiosity.

"This area may seem safe during the day, but not at night. Especially, if someone bad sees you walking away from this school..."

"You could be in danger." He continued.

Well, of course walking alone at night is dangerous.

"I'm truly grateful for your concern but I'm going to be just fine."

"I'm just warning you."

"Thank you."

Without giving another glance to the man, I turned myself around and walked away. I could feel his stare behind my back and it made me sigh. I was aware that my attitude was kinda rude toward the man but I didn't have any more time. I was tired and wanted to go home! but I really hoped nothing bad will happen!

But it seemed like my prayer wasn't answered.

I saw three foreign men in front of me wearing black clothes like thugs and from the look on their faces, they were ready to take everything from me.

"Hello there, young lady." One of them said with a crazy deep voice and a frightening facial expression. Behind him, the other two men only showed disgusting smiles.

I remained calm and did not answer.

The same man just smirked and said, "What's wrong? Don't be scared"

"..."

"I wonder why a beautiful girl like you would wander around here at night." The other man grabbed my arm and I yanked it off. I saw his eyes become dark and it made me shiver a little but I still remained silent.

"You better do what we told you alright? You don't want us to destroy your beautiful face with this, right?" He threatened. I saw him taking something out of his pocket and soon realized what that metal object illuminated by the moonlight is.

A hand knife.

I was standing in the middle of the cold night. I was so tense that my hands started sweating. I did not know what to do. I was outnumbered and didn't carry any weapons.

I was stuck! I could have given them money but that didn't guarantee my safety. I didn't know if they would actually let me go or not. I was sure that they themselves knew that they were able to do anything they wanted to do to me. I mean why couldn't they?

The thoughts of everything they might do to me... scared the hell out of me.

I should have listened to that man. The way he looked at me with his blue eyes with a hint of concern made me feel bad. The black-haired man has warned me but my ignorant side got the best of me. Now that things had gone this way I should probably negotiate.

"Okay. Hear me out." I spoke in annoyance, not letting them know that I was afraid. I was glaring at those ugly and perverted thugs.

"Let us hear more of that sweet voice of yours." The bald man who didn't say a thing before finally spoke and showed me a scary smile, making me flinch.

"What do you want to say, young lady?"

"We'll hear it." They smirked.

"Will you let me go if I hand you some money?" I asked while crossing my arms and tapping a foot on the ground.

"Well, I probably will- but I don't know about my other two friends. They might ask for something else." The man who grabbed me earlier bluntly said with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I mean you're pretty and I can't resist pretty girls~" He giggled and his laugh made me want to vomit.

Fucking pedophiles.

"Other than that please, I'm not interested in old pedophiles."

"What did you say?" The other two suddenly yelled out in anger - fists were formed.

"You know that you're in a situation where you can't say no, right?" The touchy guy questioned.

"We're not afraid to hurt girls, you know." He continued.

Fuck. What do I do now!

I silently lowered my head. Tears were already forming in my eyes.

Help.

"What is going on here?"

Who?

I raised my head and widened my eyes at the sight in front of me.

Behind the thugs stood a man.

The same man I met earlier.

"Where did he come from?!" The three men jumped and avoided the black-haired guy.

"You thugs were too focused on bullying this lady and didn't notice?" The handsome man said calmly before saying a word in a dark tone, "Pathetic."

"Shut your mouth or we will kill you both!"

"Make me."

The handsome male said with a charming smile, his hair was blown by the wind beautifully and it made the thugs pick up their weapons and got ready to fight

and.
it.
annoyed.
the hell out of me.

Not fair.

I began to have doubts and concerns about the handsome man. As I turned to see him, he was just standing quietly with his head low.

But somehow I clearly noticed the smirk on his face.